We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to buy and then sell beach chairs on Waikki

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Looking to buy and then sell beach chairs on Waikki

Hello,

We are headed to Waikiki February 18-March 2. I'm looking to buy 3 beach chairs and an umbrella around the 18th. Is anyone departing Ohau at that time and looking to sell theirs? Otherwise, I will purchase some which would be for sale at an extremely reasonable price March 2.

Please respond if interested.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to buy and then sell beach chairs on Waikki

interesting idea, but I'm not sure it will fly. Most people rent their stuff. Plus lots of chairs and umbrellas for rent on the beach. We usually just pay it forward with all our stuff, find a family on the beach that are obvious newbies and give it to them.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to buy and then sell beach chairs on Waikki

I may be interested in buying them on your departure, although I only need two chairs. Are they sand chairs you are going to buy and what would your 'extremely reasonable price' be. :-)

We arrive late on Feb 28th and will be spending Mar 1 AM with Ala Moana/Foodland trip. I'm sure we can cope with just one beach mat and beach towels for the afternoon so Mar 2nd works fine. for us.

Let me know when you have a moment.

Aloha

If it saves us hassle Flipper and the price is right it works for us. We also will likely just leave them in the condo for future guests.

Edited: 5:45 pm, January 24, 2013
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to buy and then sell beach chairs on Waikki

yes, when we rent a condo we leave them behind, sometimes you luck out and there will be beach stuff at the condo

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,899 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to buy and then sell beach chairs on Waikki

We always make condo contributions! A couple of other ideas for you: rent from Snorkel Bob (chairs) or go to a thrift store to by for very little $$.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to buy and then sell beach chairs on Waikki

Checking with our condo management, there may be beach chairs in the condo. She'll get back to me on that. However I would not be adverse (should you return to this thread Melissa) in discussing a purchase with you.

If that doesn't happen and, dependent upon price to buy, we'll either do the Snorkel Bob thing or we'll buy them and leave them. Were we staying for a longer time frame I'd consider checking out the thrift shop idea but am not willing to spend any of my precious two weeks of vacation checking out thrift store possibilities. LOL! However it's an idea those staying for a month plus may find useful.

Mahalo all

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,491 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking to buy and then sell beach chairs on Waikki

My husband was so annoyed that I insisted on paying $25 each for two chairs from the ABC store to use for a week. BUT he was tickled pink when we gave them to two tired moms, sitting on uncomfortable beach mats. Those two moms were so happy we picked them.

Now we hit up a thrift store and buy super cheap chairs and boogie boards, if the condo doesn't have them. On Oahu, we stay in hotels and give away rather than leave in the room. Deb

Delaware
Level Contributor
78 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking to buy and then sell beach chairs on Waikki

Any particular thrift store?

8. Re: Looking to buy and then sell beach chairs on Waikki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 30, 2014