We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymooners first time in sept!!

England
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymooners first time in sept!!

We are staying at the Sheraton Waikiki in September after visiting Las Vagas for our Honeymoon so excited!!

We are here for 10 nights and would like to see Pearl Harbour, and Diamond head and I want to see some turtles!! Where am I likley to see some lol?

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice or things we might need to know?

Anything will be helpful :)

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymooners first time in sept!!

Yes!

1) Pick up a good travel guide or two for Oahu.

2) Get a good map of Oahu.

3) Start to faithfully read the Oahu Forum. There are constantly discussions about things to do, restaurants and other tips.

4) Take a look at the "Top Questions" on the Oahu Forum, and if you go into the Honolulu Forum only - there are "Top Questions" there as well.

5) Let us know if you will be renting a car.

Feel free to get back to us with questions. With 10 nights, I would consider seeing a second Island. How long are you spending in Las Vegas?

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymooners first time in sept!!

Congrats on your upcoming honeymoon!

We got married in September ( many moons ago) and went to Hawaii also... the weather was beautiful!

My best advice is to rent a car for at least a couple of days so that you can explore the beauty of the island.

I absolutely LOVE turtles and you will be sure to see them basking in the sun on Laniakea Beach on the North Shore.

Staying at the Sheraton, you will have tons of restaurants and shops right outside your door.

Happy planning!

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,838 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymooners first time in sept!!

I agree with HawaiiGirl that you should rent a car for at least one or even two days. You might want to rent them individually for a day and spread them apart. You can rent and return right in Waikiki close to your hotel. Return them at night and avoid the very expensive parking at your hotel.

We see lots of turtles swimming just off the beach in Waikiki. My wife sits on the lanai for hours and watches for them when they come up. Frequently there are 2 or 3 out there and it's fun to see the people in the water when the turtles surface close to them. Some people can almost walk on water !! LOL

Be sure to go down to the Halekulani and have a cocktail at House Without a Key one evening. Beautiful setting and they have some nice entertainment there in the evenings.

Have a maitai at the Ocean Bar at the Moana once or twice. Sit under a huge and beautiful banyan tree and watch the water and the people on the beach.

Go to Dukes and enjoy the constant party there. It is also right on the beach, and sits next to the Moana. Sunday afternoons at 4:00 they have a great party on the lanai with a great live band. Lots of dancing and partying every time. Get there early if you want to get a seat in the Barefoot Bar.

Take a sunset sail on the NaHokuII catamaran. It is open bar and has a great party atmosphere on board too. Sunset sail is about an hour and a half and quite fun. You can catch it right in front of the Outrigger Waikiki (just down the beach from your hotel) and has the red and orange striped sail. Just catch them on the beach and make a reservation for the sail. Go early in your trip because I bet you want to go back.

And just relax and have a great time enjoying your honeymoon.

Aloha

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,001 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymooners first time in sept!!

Laniakea Beach on the north shore is the best place to see turtles out of the water. You may also see some in the water by the sea wall in front of the Sheraton. Rent a car and get out and see this gorgeous island.

You can get reserved tickets for the USS Arizona Memorial on-line. They are free but do charge a 1.50 pp processing fee. You need to be at the memorial an hour before your tour time to pick up the tickets. If you aren't they will give them to those who walk up.

www.recreation.gov

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymooners first time in sept!!

HG: Love the avatar.

: )

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymooners first time in sept!!

Thanks, Beachee!

That was our kitty Senor Diego... He was donning his lei at my daughter's hawaiian theme graduation party! LOL

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
26,199 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymooners first time in sept!!

I would consider a second island or splitting the stay between Waikiki and the north shore.

England
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymooners first time in sept!!

Thanks for your comments! BLBL do you recommend any guide books? :)

9. Re: Honeymooners first time in sept!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 27, 2014