We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Airport

Creston, BC
5 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Airport

We (7 of us, Grampa,Gramma, son, 4 older granddaughters) will be visiting Oahu in December 2004. How can we get to Laie without using a taxi or renting a car. We were told that the bus does not allow us to take luggage aboard but we're looking for the most economical way to reach our destination. Thank you for any advice you can give us.

MN prior HI SD and...
Level Contributor
240 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Airport

I would recommend the super shuttle but I dont believe it operates in Hawaii.

With all the people in your travel party, you may want to consider a Limo.

When I was there I often times saw limos taking many guests.

Or how about just renting a car SUV or so. ya the gas is high but once up there

at the (Turtle Bay?) you all can then use the BUS

You ought to check with HOTel about transportation.

GOOD LUCK.

Peculiar, Missouri
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Airport

Probably the best thing to do is to go to search and put in honolulu shuttle.They range from $10 to $12 a person each way. Some you have to call when arriving .Others will be waiting for you inside the terminal and will help you and your luggage. Also there used to be a bus that you could use and yes they would put your luggage under the bus. This used to be $5 a person. If you do not mind taking awhile to get to your hotel this is about your cheapist way.Only problem with this route is if you have aready been on a long flight, you may not want to take another one or two hours to get to your hotel.We once got lucky and a limo came past as we were walking out of the terminal and they only charged cab rates, $28 plus tip. I would contact one of the shuttle companies and see if you can get a discount for 7 people.

Holmdel, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Airport

"ROBERTS HAWAII". This is a great SHUTTLE SERVICE. Very well known. My husband and I have used them before. GREAT SERVICE! Reasonable prices too. Nice busses!

ALOHA!

NYC
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Airport

I used Robert's Hawaii shuttle service to get to my hotel in Oahu this Sept. You can catch it right outside the terminal, literally steps away. I paid $14 roundtrip and it has a/c. They use those big tour buses, and will drop you off on your hotel's doorstep and pick you up again, call a day before so they know. Just be aware that the length of your trip depends on how many people they are dropping off and it sounds like you'll probably be the last stop. But if price is what you're after, then this is the way to go.

MN prior HI SD and...
Level Contributor
240 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Airport

Everlynx

what a good suggestion

Roberts and their bunny design logo is cute

I wonder if they have similar operations on Kaua'i or Maui?

Abbotsford, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Airport

I don't know if they have airport shuttles on those islands, but I took tours of the big island, Oahu, and Kaua'i on Roberts' buses. They're outstanding. If you have the opportunity to take a Roberts tour in Kaua'i, hopefully you'll get 'Cousin' Rocky as a driver. His knowledge is amazing. In fact, all three of the drivers we had were great.

Kevin

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Airport

being in the tourist business in hawaii, i know for a fact that roberts shuttle does not travel out into laie, finding a shuttle that will take you out there will be a real challenge.. the drive is long and painful .. i personally think it would be cheaper to rent a car .. but if you really need a shuttle book it way in advance and find out if their willing to drive you out to laie .

Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Airport

Does Robert's Shuttle go to the Mandarin Orinetal?