We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Hawaiian Village - Tapa Family Room vs Ali'i Room

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
153 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Tapa Family Room vs Ali'i Room

Hi All,

Apologize for the repeated question, but could not find any recent comparisons while searching the forums.

Thinking of staying at the HHV in the summer this year. Traveling with wife and 2 toddler kids.

I was thinking of either staying in the Tapa Family room because of the extra space or a room in the Ali'i tower because of the service.

I think the most important aspect for me is to have a clean room. I noticed that the Ali'i rooms were just remodeled, so that is appealing to me. It is also important to me to get good service. That is why I am willing to go with a smaller room in the Ali'i tower to get better service if the Tapa family rooms are "run down" at this point.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Both appear to be around the same price. I don't care about the view, but tower location in the village will be a small factor.

Thanks

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village - Tapa Family Room vs Ali'i Room

I like the Ali'i building, they have their own, check in, pool, exercise room and bar area which you could only get to by the elevator. Didn't have to go looking for somewhere to sit had plenty of chairs open. They also had someone taking drink orders and it was overlooking the beach area. Very Nice.

I went in August...not sure if that's considered busy season.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,460 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village - Tapa Family Room vs Ali'i Room

If you can swing an Ali'i Tower Executive King Corner Room, that gives you more room.

Even without that I think the Ali'i Tower is the only way to go and make the HHV reasonable.

3. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village - Tapa Family Room vs Ali'i Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, January 06, 2014