We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current smoking allowed hotels?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yuba City...
1 post
Save Topic
Current smoking allowed hotels?

The information posted all seems to be 2008 and prior. What are the current rules and list of hotels/condos that allow smoking in rooms or on a lanai? We are considering a longer trip and the availability of convenient smoking may decide whether we go to the states (prefer) or spend our money in a foreign country more friendly to smokers.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,005 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Current smoking allowed hotels?

Aloha,

Fuzz, it is most certainly still illegal to light up anywhere in public in CO. Here's a pretty decent recap of the do's and don'ts:

denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22184944/colo…

Make my malasada cream filled, either lilikoi or plain vanilla, please!!!

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
746 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Current smoking allowed hotels?

You guys are killing me and I only have myself to blame for restarting the Malasada talk, then I went and googled images. Talk about a glutton, for punishment.

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,005 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Current smoking allowed hotels?

Aloha,

Oh, but this is SO much more fun (and happy) than kicking the dead cigarette, LOL!

Shall I add Lilikoi Cheesecake...........OMG, had some from Stillwell's recently, it was to die for.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
746 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Current smoking allowed hotels?

The Hula Grill in Kaanapali has a Pineapple Creme Brule to die for made in a pineapple eaten with sand in between your toes. It is one of my amazing food memories that erases any...what was the original topic?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Current smoking allowed hotels?

Pineapple Creme Brule`?????

Shut The Front Door!!!!!

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,005 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Current smoking allowed hotels?

I ate too much pine as a kid, so rarely eat it now...............but how about the Upside down apple pie at the Waterfront, or the banana lumpia at Pacific O, or banana cream pie from Stillwell's, or mac nut cream pie from Stillwell's, or uh-oh, I'm gonna get accused of owning Stillwell's next!!!

Wasn't this thread titled "Desserts on Maui"?? No??? Ah well, it's making me drool now anyways.............

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Current smoking allowed hotels?

Ultimate "munchie fix" Roselani Mac Nut ice cream...and "no" ya can't smoke MJ in the streets in Washington either.

Haven't experienced any aromas like the seawall in Lahaina!

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Current smoking allowed hotels?

hmmm....the word on the street is that the sw in swmarket's name is for (s)till(w)ells... don't sweat it sw....a little advert never hurt anyone!

mamma....i have yet to smell much of anything at the seawall...other than some of the people who hang around there that are in need of a serious bath.

Sask.
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Current smoking allowed hotels?

1st- I smoke

2nd - no smoking in hotels, but most provide a place to smoke outside

3rd- be polite--I often sit on a bench near the beach and have a cig. but first if there is anyone sitting there I ask if they mind if I smoke; if they do, just move to another bench

--smoking stinks, I know it and you know it- so smile, be polite and adjust.

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Current smoking allowed hotels?

<<obese people don't stand next to you and stuff a cupcake into your mouth without you having any say in the matter.>>

That's the saddest thing I've heard all day. I pray that someday we can all live in a world where people of all shapes and sizes force cupcakes on me.