We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Shore Hawaii for New Years 2012/2013

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingscliff...
2 posts
Save Topic
North Shore Hawaii for New Years 2012/2013

Hi all,

I am heading to Hawaii for Xmas / New years and we have a camper up until the 30th booked in. After that we are homeless and not sure where to stay for New Years?

I am keen for the North Shore for the surf etc, but New years we want a bit of a party atmosphere. Is there much happening on the North Shore over new years? Would love a cool beach party more than a club. But open for Suggestions please! First time in Hawaii :)

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,098 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Shore Hawaii for New Years 2012/2013

I'm assuming that you'll be on O`ahu (where Honolulu is) since you've posted in that forum. The only party atmosphere you'll find is in Waikiki. And you need to reserve a room. This is not the place to wing it.

Beach parties are usually private affairs, but I suppose you might be able to join one.

I'm not too sure about the state of the camper vans on O`ahu. I do know that there have been lots of really bad reviews of them on other islands. And you can't just pull up anywhere and camp.

North shore surf should be fabulous to watch,but you won't be able to swim, and surfing is for experts only.

Edited: 8:25 pm, November 25, 2012
seattle
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: North Shore Hawaii for New Years 2012/2013

Pzp is correct. This is the height of tourist season so you need to find a place to stay and make reservations now. Please do not plan on sleeping on the beach as that's not very safe. Surfing the North Shore is for locals and pros only. Seriously, it's strictly enforced for safety reasons. If you want to do something then book through a local tour company. There are no festivities listed in my guidebooks or off the top of my head.

3. Re: North Shore Hawaii for New Years 2012/2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, December 17, 2013