We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HHV resort fee

Ohio
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Topic
HHV resort fee

Is the resort fee at the Hilton Hawaiian Village new? I have a room booked for later this month, and I don't recall seeing a resort fee when I booked. But when I went online recently to re-check my rate, I noticed a big notice pop up about a resort fee.

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HHV resort fee

I'm very sorry to hear that. As of just a few months ago, there was a big banner on their web page that read: "No resort fees!"

I haven't stayed there since 2011, but can confirm that there was definitely no resort fee at the time.

Please tell us more. How much is it? Does it include parking and Wi-Fi?

Ohio
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HHV resort fee

Daily Resort Charge of $25.00 plus tax per room, per night will be added to the room rate and includes: Local, Toll-Free and Credit Card calls (no access fee); High Speed Internet access/WIFI access; PlayStation 3 with Unlimited Movies and Games; Hawaiian Cultural Activities and Resort Audio Tour.

I'm wondering if they will charge the fee to those of us who booked prior to it going into effect.

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HHV resort fee

Gee, what a deal that you get to make free toll-free calls that you could have made with your cell phone anyway, but you still get to pay $24 a night for self-parking.

That's a seriously disappointing rip-off.

And for unwary visitors who don't read the fine print, some could end up shocked to be paying $55 a night more than they thought -- $30 for valet parking [whose price isn't clear when you pull up to the resort for the first time] plus the resort fee.

Thanks for the heads up.

I suspect that, for people booked before it went into effect, they could easily pull that, "We reserve the right to change the terms" B.S. and charge you. Only way to be sure is to call and ask and take the name of whoever you talk to.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
50,207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HHV resort fee

It's the sign of the times, an extra 25.00 a night for things you probably will never use. Most of the hotels are doing this, HHV is just falling in line with all the others.

If it were me, I would call and make sure I'm not charged this fee according to the time I booked. They could charge you but if they do, I would book elsewhere just to make a point.

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HHV resort fee

But Starwood resorts on Oahu include self-parking in their resort fees, which makes them a decent deal for people who rent a car.

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Ohio
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: HHV resort fee

I just spoke to someone at HHV, and I was told that the resort fee just began this month and that those who booked before that will not be charged the fee. I did take down her name in case I get a different answer when we arrive.

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HHV resort fee

Glad to hear they won't be slipping one past you. But I feel sorry for all the future guests who aren't as on top of things as you are.

Have a great trip!

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HHV resort fee

Thank you for your post LeslieG...

We arrive next month and booked MONTHS ago, so I too will be making sure that we aren't slipped the resort fee :)

Much appreciated!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,152 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: HHV resort fee

Everyone should check for resort fees and/or parking fees when you book any hotel or resort. And check again before your trip to make sure either was added or changed.

There are several hotels or resorts that have both a resort fee and parking fees including now HHV. Many of the Aston hotels also have both.

The lists on this link have been fairly accurate.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28932-c146689/Hawaii…

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HHV resort fee

Thanks for the post! Just contacted HHV and made sure the fe is not applied as I booked last month.

As mentioned above they will still get you for parking so make sure that is in the budget.