We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

Hi Everyone

Off to Hawaii for the first time in December and we are mad shoppers.

Can someone let me know the baggage limits and weight per person on Hawaiian Airlines into Sydney.

Also, if anyone knows what the excess/s are that would be great too!

Getting excited!

Cheers

Sooze

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

Baggage 2x32kg each passenger in coach. I don't think they are weighing the actual passenger yet. :-)

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

BTW we are flying to Honolulu with Hawaiian on Saturday. If they ask me to hop on the scales I'll let you know.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

OMG! Awesome.

Thank you very much. That is fantastic information.

Have a fantastic holiday, and BTW I am most pleased that they are not weighing passengers yet! Lol

Cheers

Sooze

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

One shopping tip -- us Aussies are experts at this... is to take minimum luggage with you .. meaning a coupla pairs of knickers (Victoria Secret is in Waikiki) ... take old shoes (buy new ones and chuck the oldies), one pair of pants (jeans/slacks - more bargains), coupla tops (everyone buys new tops) .. minimum makeup and shampoos etc ... much, much cheaper there.

That's half a case .. now to stock it up, buy the second case and fill them BOTH up ...

Remember to go to Macys information desk with your passport, to receive your 10% discount card .. for use at any Macys store -- there's a few in Hawaii .. the biggest one at Ala Moana Shopping Centre.

Have fun .. but I don't need to tell you that .. it comes automatically when you start breathing that Hawaiian air ...

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,939 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

www.hawaiianairlines.com/help/fees-id-1922

We seem to get many posts asking the same question - but this info isn't very easy to find/straight-forward on the Hawaiian Airlines website.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

Thanks everyone. Thanks for the tips and info. I have been to Bali and Hong Kong many times and I think I am almost an expert when it comes to packing LIGHT!

Also, thank you for the link to the Hawaiian Airlines site I did look a couple of times to no avail.

Cannot wait!!!

Cheers

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

we recently had 2 interisland flights on HA. My wife's luggage was close to 35 pounds, well over their 25 pound limit. so we paid $17 to check it. I had a carryon which was 22 pounds or so. They never weighed it, but may be because it probably did not look overweight.

Worked ok for us cause then wife could have a carry on and she did. good sized sack. We had already decided to check her bag going home to Portland on Alaska. So she could have carry on going home.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

If you cant fit it in your carry on,you have packed to much I say.

I just came back from a 3 week trip to orlando and my clothes were all in my carry on..

Adelaide
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

Yep, definitely 2 x 32kg per passenger. We bought back 120kg between hubby and I!!! OMG the shopping in hawaii is AMAZING!!! Missing it already and only got back a month ago. Sigh.

Also, they dont weigh your carry on, so as long as it will fit you can definitely get a couple of extra kg's in there too!

Have fun!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baggage limits and weight on Hawaiian

That is very generous luggage allowance, no doubt to encourage shopping! Are clothes a lot cheaper than (for example) mainland USA in Hawaii? I'd be looking to buy floaty beach dresses and sarongs, also sandles, and well any local specialities.