We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2013 Pro Bowl

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
241 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
2013 Pro Bowl

Well, no one has started a thread on here for the 2013 Pro Bowl, so I guess I may as well do it. We were not going to attend, but may change our plans and head to Hawaii as our friends from Australia that we tailgated with last year have decided they are attending.

So, who is in this time? Mapper...Pro Bowl...you guys in for another go 'round?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,358 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2013 Pro Bowl

Hey, Brino ... what's the date? (I'm not too proud to ask!)

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
241 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2013 Pro Bowl

January 27th is game day.

Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2013 Pro Bowl

It will be my first but very excited to be coming down Pro Bowl week... I'll be watching for threads containing any info to assist a first timer..

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
241 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2013 Pro Bowl

We've got all the answers right here...well, not all, but most.

Things are moving quickly. Lined up my usual tickets on the 50 year line (no kidding), have my itinerary on hold via American Airlines and am waiting for confirmation on my same hotel room from last floor...15th floor at the Beachcomber overlooking the main drag. I heard they have done more renovations to the Outrigger across the street, mostly outdoors around the pool area (no saving seats anymore...HA!). Stayed there the two times before last year, but they are getting pricey again. I guess tourism has picked up since 2009 when they were nearly giving the rooms away.

Anyway, Lovebnme01 (gotta love that handle), welcome to our little thread. Maybe we will see you at our yearly get together at Tiki's on the 26th or at our pre-game tailgate party. Wish I could post pictures on here from last year's tailgate extravaganza.

Spanaway, Washington
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2013 Pro Bowl

Looking forward to another ride on the pro bowl wagon, looks like will be party of four this year. Will start the bookings and stuff as soon as everyone gets their vacation time approved. Warm weather,football and friends is there anthing better?

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
241 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2013 Pro Bowl

Got a message from Gustavo (Pro Bowl) that he is going to Maui instead of to the game this coming year. Hopefully, some new folks will wander on here and we can make some new friends at Tiki's.

Stafford, Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2013 Pro Bowl

Hi, im new to the pro bowl, looking forward to it, 1st time for both of us, i'm seeing alot of extras, like a tailgate and saturday night party, does anybody recommend or go to these?? Any help is great, want to get the full experience, not just 1st pro bowl first time in hawaii and football game period!!

Thanks

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
241 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2013 Pro Bowl

Tailgate party and Saturday night party are pricey. Probably can have a good time, but for what I have heard you get, it's alot of money for food and drinks. I think alot of people hope to run into some players, but the chances are slim. It's just a way for the NFL to cash in (my opinion). Lots of good food can be purchased for not a whole lot of money out on the street when they block off the main drag Saturday night. Plus, you have a pretty good chance of meeting some players...like Marcus Allen who was a guest speaker in recent years on one of the NFL stages.

You can have your own tailgate at the stadium for a lot less money, too, unless you just want to spend alot of money and hang with some strangers.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2013 Pro Bowl

The party needs to be good, as the game is absolutely horrible! LOL

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
241 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2013 Pro Bowl

I think it will be better this coming year. Cam Newton stunk up the place last year.