We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diamond Head Vacations

NZ
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Diamond Head Vacations

We are arriving tomorrow and using 'Diamond Head Vacations for our airport transfers.

As part of their service, they offer a free breakfast, city orientation and visit to Hilo Hattie's and a Jewelry store and a next morning.

Has anyone actually done this?

Is it just worth a look or would I be wasting a morning of my precious holiday on a tourist trap?

Thanks in advance.

Royal Star Hawaii Deluxe Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Bus Tours, Private Tours
Oahu Private Tours
Eco Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Escape Waikiki Tours
Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
E Noa Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Dallas
Level Contributor
23,927 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diamond Head Vacations

I don't know anything about them, but, I run as fast as I can from anything in Hawaii that offers me a free breakfast, a city orientation, a visit to Hilo Hattie's and a jewelry store.

It's either a timeshare scam, a vacation club scam, or someone trying to pressure sell you into a bunch of excusions that you can do much cheaper if you even want to do them at all.

My advice, tell them to get lost.

Who in the world hooked you up with them in the first place?

You will as a minimum lost a valuable part of your time if not lots of your money too.

My advise is to run, run, run !!

Hope you have a great trip.

Aloha

NZ
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diamond Head Vacations

It is the transfer company that is used by my travel agent "Flight Centre Nz".

Thanks for the info.

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,927 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diamond Head Vacations

waimatao - I certainly have no experience or knowledge of your travel agent and I assume you checked them out and are comfortable with them.

There is just so much information on here about scams from companies like this, especially when their are free breakfasts, orientations, etc. etc.

They may be totally legit and maybe someone with experience from them will come on here to say so. There are definitely lots of NZ people that visit Hawaii and maybe one of them can tell you something more that I can.

But, since you are arriving tomorrow and I assume that transfer is included in your cost of your trip, I would just advise that you be careful and on the watch for "something that looks too good to be true !!" cause it usually is.

So just don't get pressured into things you don't really want or need.

Best of luck and hope it all turns out well and you have a great trip !!

Aloha

Edited: 7:50 pm, August 19, 2012
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diamond Head Vacations

You nailed, it sweetie. Tourist trap.

Hilo Hattie's is a tourist trap .. the jewelry thing - probably Maui Divers - also tourist trap. For heaven's sake, is that how you want to spend your precious Hawaii vacation? Oops! You already answered that! You've figured this out already.

That is not a service! It's paid advertising ... Hilo Hattie and Maui Diver's are paying them, or possibly they OWN them. And beware of high powered marketing for tours you don't need and/or timeshare scams.

If you want good recommendations for breakfast - we would be happy to give them to you! If you have questions about the City -- just ask us.

Run. Don't look back. If you happen to mosey into Hilo Hattie while shopping, fine. Or Maui Diver's for that matter. But they are certainly NOT a priority.

Kudos, my NZ friend!

Thanks in advance.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diamond Head Vacations

waimatao

I am hoping you have now returned from your trip and can give a report on your experiences concerning the above. We are in Hawaii next month and have encountered the same situation - we booked through Flight Centre here in Australia. I am concerned our return transfers could be adversly affected if we cancel. Please advise if there were any problems. I am prepared to book transfers independently if required.

Thanking you.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diamond Head Vacations

Dont waste your time or money with this group. I honestly thought that since Hawaiian Airlines was a partner with them it was going to be a good experience since I have used the Airline several times and was quite happy.. BUT !! dont waste your valuable vacation time or money on this company. The pick up was "ok" and we didnt have to wait too long for them to pick up another passenger but they were going to drop us off at the wrong location. Hilton Hawaiian Village has a few options so we had them drop us off at the right one but it was the return trip that got sideways really fast... we called that morning to confirm that they would pick us up where we were dropped off and the dispatch said she couldnt find our paperwork.. but said Im sure they will pick you up or you can go over to the "bus pickup area" at the village.. so we haul all our bags over to the other lobby and nobody was there.. so we called again and they said.. go to the other lobby.... so we drag everything over there.. we call again and they say "well we dont see you even on our pick up for today" but we will send someone over to get you..... so about an hour later they did show up.. our driver ran 2 red lights on our way to the airport... Spend the little extra to take a cab or find another service but stay away from these folks.... you will be glad you did.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diamond Head Vacations

Old post, people.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diamond Head Vacations

Please name a good breakfast location within walking distance of Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort. Thank you.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Diamond Head Vacations

Would finding a bus be a better choice back to the airport from our Waikiki hotel?

Diamond Head Vacations sounds scary. We have been booked with them by our travel company. Thank you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Diamond Head Vacations

was wondering if anyone has used this tour group lately as my travel agent here in oz are booking my transfer thru them or am i better off doing it by myself