We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in Shopping

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Help in Shopping

I would like to buy makeup,, where is the best place to buy it .I wear Napoleonand would like to know if it is cheaper there, then Australia Sydney,Also I would like to buy hawiaian Shirts for 4 ladies and 5 men .we are staying at Hoilday Inn Wakikiki. ThankYou if you able to help me ,

Sydney
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help in Shopping

Hi Maxima,

For make up I have heard Longs Drugs store is really cheap there is one at Ala Moana shopping centre. as for Hawaiian Shirt the International Market Place which is right next door to the Holiday Inn or what we were thinking of going is the swap meet. BTW nice choice of hotel we stayed there last year and and will be again this year, rooms are nice in the middle of everything and Jimmy's downstairs is go to pop in for a snack if drink of the afternoon. Oh there is also a small Macy's under the Holiday Inn, take your passport down there and they will give you a card for 10% off which is valid for a month :)

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
International Market Place
International Market...
366 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,343 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help in Shopping

See the Top Questions on the right side of the page.

Click on the one: Shopping for Aussies

It will take you to a couple of good forum threads from Aussie shoppers.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help in Shopping

Sorry I can't help with the makeup, but if you have the time to head to the Swap Meet/Flea market that is held at the Aloha Stadium near Pearl Harbour, that would have the best prices for the Hawaiian clothing, jewellery, trinkets, etc. It happens from 7am to 3pm Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. It is $1.00 per person to enter the gates. It circles the entire outside of the stadium. I found Hawaiian dresses for $12 each, my son's aloha outfit for $8.50. Regular T-shirts you can get for 7 for $20 or sometimes 10 for $20. The bus fare there is $2.50/adult, and if you are done shopping and catch the bus within 4 hours or purchasing your ticket, it doesn't cost you another fare. Make sure you ask for a transfer slip when you get on the bus. Alternatively, you can catch a shuttle for about $8/person one way. The bus takes about an hour and 15 minutes each way. The shuttle, about 20 min. Hope that helps.

If you'can't make it there, the international market is probably the next best.

Mentioned in this post
Aloha Stadium
Aloha Stadium
217 Reviews
Oahu, HI
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,670 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help in Shopping

Off to the left of this page are the top questions, and shopping for Aussies is on the list. Take a look.

Compared to Australia - many think that Macy's is economical for perfume and cosmetics. Long's is good ... many of the department stores in the Ala Moana Center are as well.

You will find Hawaiian shirts of various quality all up and down Kalakaua. I usually just go to the Macy's in Ala Moana Center and they do put them on sale from time to time - and the carry a wide range of designers/brands. That being said, Kalakaua will offer you many options.

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Center
Ala Moana Center
2,591 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help in Shopping

Try Macy's at the Ala Moana mall.

There is a store right outside of Macy's on the lowest level at that side of the mall that has a big selection of shirts. It just went in at the beginning of the month.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,343 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help in Shopping

"Off to the left of this page are the top questions, and shopping for Aussies is on the list. Take a look."

BLBL on the other left (right side).

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,670 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help in Shopping

Ah, you have no idea how bad I am at right/left and directions in general. A family trait.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help in Shopping

Depends what you wear

l'oreal covergirl etc (our kmart,target big w brands) WALLMART i spent about $450 stoked up because it was soooo cheap i usually pay around $40 for foundation in Brisbane i was paying around $7 at wallmart.

Mac is alot cheaper (Ala Moana mall)

Sephora is awesome 2.

Happy shopping ^_^

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help in Shopping

P.s i didnt see Napoleon over there.

But if you want your make up done pro i went to Mac spent $50 and received 4 lip sticks 1 lip gloss and 1 set of lashes

pretty much my suit case was full of make up because it was so much cheaper over there...

Australia
Level Contributor
637 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help in Shopping

BLBL but it would be left if you were looking at the monitor upside down......