We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping in Honolulu

london
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
shopping in Honolulu

Hi,

How are prices for clothes shopping in comparison to other cities in the USA? We been Las Vegas several times and the prices in the outlet stores are really good compare to the UK.

Thanks,

Guy

Mentioned in this post
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,884 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping in Honolulu

To the right on this page is a Top Question "Shopping for Aussies"...great info that might give you some ideas.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,343 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping in Honolulu

Prices are about the same as on the mainland.

Honolulu, Hawaii...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping in Honolulu

depends, can you make it to the outlets?

www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp…

Northern California...
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping in Honolulu

I think that the variety in Las Vegas is greater than the outlets on Oahu in general. The prices will be similar (most outlet mall shops are run by major corporations and the special sales will run simultaneously across the country) but the types of items in the stores will vary depending on location. Lighter weight clothing & swimsuits can be found year-round in Hawaii whereas Las Vegas will carry a good selection of winter parkas & bad weather gear during the winter and a much smaller selection of swim wear. It all depends on what time of year you visit.

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping in Honolulu

We Aussies just love the shopping in the US .. and your will get more for your pound, than what we get with our dollar.

We love the makeup prices as well as the clothing and shoes.

Have a look at these websites.

www.cvs.com (It's a drug store that sells Revlon/Cover girl etc) - but known as Longs Drugs in Hawaii. They have a large store at Ala Moana Shopping Center near Sears. Click on beauty.

www.macys.com -- major department store ... if you take your passport to the information desk, they will give you a 10% discount card, which will last a month at any Macys store. They sell top brand make up ie Estee Lauder, Mac etc. Click on beauty here too.

And then there's Walmart. There is a large store behind the Ala Moana Shopping Center and someone on TA said they were cheaper than CVS.

www.walmart.com

As for other bargains, Guess is a popular store .. they have one in central Waikiki .. and a store at the outlets at Waikele ... but its usually old stock they haven't sold .. or somethings that aren't selling in the Waikiki store .. but still great bargains.

Shoes, including Reebok and Nike are very well priced too .. and jeans.

Another store you may be interested in is Ross' Dress for Less. They do have some excellent bargains and racks and racks of clothes.

There is a store in Ward Avenue behind the Ward Centre shopping center, but I believe there is one closer to Waikiki, but I am not familiar with that. Some else may help you there. I'm waiting to go back to check it out myself.

www.rossstores.com

Good luck and have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Ward Centre
Ward Centre
152 Reviews
Oahu, HI
london
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping in Honolulu

Thanks for all the replies.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,343 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping in Honolulu

"Another store you may be interested in is Ross' Dress for Less. They do have some excellent bargains and racks and racks of clothes.

There is a store in Ward Avenue behind the Ward Centre shopping center, but I believe there is one closer to Waikiki, but I am not familiar with that."

New Ross store on Seaside Ave. in Waikiki.

Mentioned in this post
Ward Centre
Ward Centre
152 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,508 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shopping in Honolulu

One of the current most popular stores for girls is the Forever 21 which is across from the cheesecake factory.

New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shopping in Honolulu

Shopping in Waikiki is okay. Ala Moana is wonderful. Beware of typical tourist trap items. Hawaii tax is less though so buying jewelry that are on sale is a good idea

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shopping in Honolulu

I loved Ross Dress for Less.

Managed to buy my summer day wardrobe and shopped at 3 stores around Waikiki.

Found perfume, handbags, clothing all very cheap.

I had to buy an extra suitcase the day before we left so I picked a medium sized Samsonite for $50 at the Waikiki Seaside Ave store.

A trip report is coming soon!

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI