We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
5 helpful votes
Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

I am a size 20 and was wondering if there are any shops in Waikiki or the islands that cater for the larger size lady in clothing?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
39 reviews
13 helpful votes
1. Re: Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

Check out Ross stores for "normal" clothing or Hilo Hattie for islander style wear.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

A lot of shops go up to a size 20. Macy's is like our Myer and they have a lot of plus sizes. Also GAP, Old Navy, Forever 21 have plus sizes as well.

Shopping in general is fantastic in Hawaii.

We leave tomorrow and as our flight gets in at 7.45am and check in isn't until 3pm we have a great excuse to hit the shops and get in some retail therapy early on.

Have fun on your trip and if you want jeans you HAVE to get Not Your Daughters Jeans. They are around $250 in Australia but $80-$120 in Hawaii. They are the best jeans and go up to a size 22 I think. Your bum will love you for it!!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
22 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

Take your passport to the information desk at Macys and receive a 10% discount card .. which will last a month at any Macys store.

The one at Ala Moana is the best, the one in Waikiki is smaller, and sells mainly clothing and makeup.

Check these websites for prices .. including makeup, which is unbelieveably cheap.

www.macys.com

www.cvs.com

CVS is a drug store throughout the USA, but in Hawaii is known as Longs Drugs. They have a store at Ala Moana, up near Sears. Click on beauty.

Revlon foundation here is $34 at K-Mart .. in the US its around $14. You will be pleasantly surprised, so stock up.

Macys has the more expensive brands, like Estee Lauder and Mac, while Longs has Revlon, Cover Girl etc.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
93 reviews
50 helpful votes
4. Re: Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

Golfinggirl - I got NYDJ for $34.99 from Ross dress for less :)

You have to really hunt through the racks but finding a bargain like that is worth it. :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

OK if anyone sees a crazy Aussie going mental in the racks of Ross dress for less on Tuesday morning: a) leave me be, it's best for everyone and b) look out for golfingboy and golfingbubba and offer them an understanding smile!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
131 reviews
41 helpful votes
6. Re: Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

You can even get size 20 ralph Loren Jeans from Macys - about $60. I found sizes in Hawaii quite generous. I normally take a 18 but fit into 16's and even a size 14 in Levis from Ross. Best bargain was a $4.95 pair of pink Lee caprice's with a belt at Ross. $15 levis and $10 Gloria Vanderbelt. $20 Kelvin Kliens. I love Ross's. Shop till you drop.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
22 reviews
17 helpful votes
7. Re: Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

Golfing girl ... not sure of your age, but I do apologise if you're a young one ... but worth passing on to anyone anyway.

On Tuesdays Ross' has a 10% discount for the over 55's...

They also sell bras and knickers too - some bra bargains for $2.99.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,982 posts
23 reviews
20 helpful votes
8. Re: Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

Lol....we do not have Ross in Alaska. My sister's go nuts for this store! It certainly pays to dig around cause you can find deals and variety of sizes.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
10 helpful votes
9. Re: Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

Golfing girl, note American sizes are 1 size less than Australian sizes. Size 20 AUS equals size 18 US. Size 18 AUS equals size 16 US etc. Always makes me feel good, gotta love it!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: Plus Size Casual Ladies apparel

Eagle, I am 37 years young but would be willing to acost an over 55 person for a day trip to Ross for the extra discount.

Also, I used to be a size 20 the last time I travelled to Hawaii. Now I am a 14 so should find it easier getting US size 12 clothes. But for the OP I knew of many places that had the plus size clothes.

See you in about 24 hours Oahu!!!!!