We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

We would like to watch the fireworks when we arrive on Friday night. Which locations are the best place? Any restaurant locations where we can watch the fireworks as well?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
22 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

At Waikiki, the Sheraton can block views of the fireworks at the Hilton.

Your best bet is to be on or near the beach between the Sheraton and the Hilton to see the fireworks .. which last about 5 minutes, then go and have a meal somewhere.

Or you could eat at the Hilton.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
578 posts
23 reviews
38 helpful votes
2. Re: Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

Waikiki beach?

Capay, California
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
17 reviews
14 helpful votes
3. Re: Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

My favorite place to watch the Friday night fireworks is: Mariposa Resteraunt at Neiman Marcus at the Ala Moana Mall. Sit on the lanai, have a nice relaxed meal. Parking is easy. It's not the very closest view, but it's really nice. We used to take our visitors there for dinner on Friday nights and never had a complaint.

A lot of my Honolulu business associates hold business meals there since it's easy access and parking with good food.

Dallas
Level Contributor
30,046 posts
85 reviews
49 helpful votes
4. Re: Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

Sit on the wall out from the Shorebird at the Outrigger Reef.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
57,021 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

We like to take a picnic dinner and go out to Magic Island to watch the fireworks. It's inside Ala Moana Beach Park, next to the harbor.

Colorado
Level Contributor
5,086 posts
12 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

Since we are at the Hale Koa, we just walk out to the beach. Lots of people out there between HK and HHV. Can see the actual "boom" from the launch!

ecoast
Level Contributor
339 posts
7. Re: Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

Behind the Hilton.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
30,554 posts
8. Re: Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

"We like to take a picnic dinner and go out to Magic Island to watch the fireworks. It's inside Ala Moana Beach Park, next to the harbor.

Also my favorite place unless we go to the free Polynesian show at HHV prior to the fireworks.

You can stand around the perimeter of the pool area & watch the Polynesian show. Then after the show go to the beach right there.

So I also agree with cooper, Behind the Hilton if you see the show first.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
30,674 posts
9. Re: Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

Aloha,

I also like to enjoy some of the music and dancing before the show and rush out and watch it right over head.

Price is right for sure,

Aloha

Victoria Capital...
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
6,252 posts
95 reviews
120 helpful votes
10. Re: Best Place to view Friday night Fireworks

Best view would be from Ala Moana as noted above. You can see the fireworks pretty much anywhere on the beach from Outrigger Shore to past the marina. They launch from beside the Hilton Lagoon. They last about 3 mins so don't go out of your way.

Edited: 1:12 am, April 18, 2012