We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Shop

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Shop

We have 9 grand children ,and would like to buy clothes for them, we are staying in Waikiki , 2 boys 7 girls the eldest is 11. I would like to buy hawaiian shirts for 1year old and 2 year old , may be for the girls something trendy .and what price am I looking at , thank you for your help .

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Shop

Have a look at this website.

www.abcstores.com (They are on every corner).

There is also many, many stores selling Hawaiian clothing at the International Market Place ... which is on Kalakaua Avenue and goes through to Kuhio Avenue.

Have fun grandma ... you are the only person allowed to spoil them!

The ABC stores are great for nick nak souvenirs to bring home as well --ie key rings, calendars .. but they're all on the website.

Mentioned in this post
International Market Place
International Market...
367 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kuhio Beach
Kuhio Beach
484 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Shop

Head to Ala Moana shopping centre and check out the sales racks at Macy's in the children's department. Not sure about boys clothing but was able to buy plenty of trendy name brand clothing (Roxy, Guess, DKNY, Puma, Nike etc) for my 2 girls aged 7 and 11. Everything was soooo cheap compared to prices in Australia. I paid as little as $2.80 for a Puma t- shirt and $7 for a long sleeved Roxy dress. Be sure to take your passport with you to Macy's and they will give you a discount card which is for an extra 10% off (this is additional to the already reduced prices).

You might want to check out the swap meet (flea market) at Aloha Stadium for the Hawaiian shirts for the boys. We found the souveneirs much cheaper here also than the shops at Waikiki. Think it's only on every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. You can catch a bus there. Good luck....

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,680 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Aloha Stadium
Aloha Stadium
217 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Shop

Thank You for your help .I will go to Macy`s ,you have given me good info .

Have a good day Kym73.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Shop

Thank you Eaglemaniac

I will check out that web site . Grandma loves shopping for the kids ,as long as I get something they will love .

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,348 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Shop

On the right side of the page, Top Questions, read the Shopping for Aussies question.

It will take you to a couple of good forum threads.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,486 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Shop

I would go to Hilo Hattie's, maybe the Premium Outlets at Waikele and Walmart.

http://www.hilohattie.com/

www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp…

Look for coupons to Hilo Hattie's in the tourist publications you can get in the baggage claim area at HNL.

hidili.com/thisWeekPublications/thisWeekOahu/

hawaiidriveguides.com/OahuDriveGuide/index.h…

Mentioned in this post
Hilo
Hilo
Island of Hawaii, HI
Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Shop

I would go to the Ala Moana (Shopping) Center. You will want to go there anyway. And I love their Macy's. I assume that you are staying on Waikiki - and you will find all kinds of stores with Hawaiian shirts for all sizes.

I would stay away from Hilo Hattie's and the Waikele Outlets. The Outlets are general designer label stuff and do not feature Hawaiian wear.

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,680 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Hilo
Hilo
Island of Hawaii, HI
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,486 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Shop

Hmmm, Waikele may not "feature" Aloha shirts but Tommy Bahama's and Lee's Hawaiian Wear have them.

Hilo Hattie's is fun, a local institution and will be inexpensive, which is never a bad thing given how fast young kids out grow clothes.

Edited: 12:34 pm, March 19, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Aloha Hawaii Tours
Aloha Hawaii Tours
1,195 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Hilo
Hilo
Island of Hawaii, HI
LA
Level Contributor
11,214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Shop

Blue Ginger- There are at least two in Waikiki- one of which is in Hilton Hawaiian Village

www.blueginger.com

They have the cutest kids clothes, including aloha shirts.

They have a n outlet/sales store in Honolulu. Easy to get to by bus.

(ps- I hate Hilo Hatties. Their stuff is so ugly and cheap-looking)

Edited: 1:36 pm, March 19, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Hilo
Hilo
Island of Hawaii, HI
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to Shop

if you want cheap kids clothes(not hawaiian) when at alamoana check out sears,they have had a sale on,,i lot of aussie stick there head in and walk out as it looks like a big W store,but ive always found bargains,,i got 5 pairs of shoes ,all under $20,,got these fab clog shoes i love for $7,,i saw some great kids shoes that light up,,but people were going crazy so dontb think there would be much left now,,perfume is also often on sale here..

check out ross dress for less for cheap cool kids clothes,,,if you see vans shoes on sale grab them for the oldest ones,,hotest thing for teens in oz right now.I even got myself a purple pair for $20

you will find cute little hawaiian looking flower dressses and tops etc,like eagle said in abc shops,,and other little shops all along the streets in waikiki