We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
191 posts
29 reviews
Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

Has anyone used this site for car rental? Seems legit -- http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/

Was wondering the likelihood of being upgraded since its such a great rate on most cars. From what I understand, booking a Hertz or Budget...you're likely to get upgraded, if available.

Not sure if its likely if going through this site -- thoughts?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
53,012 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

This is a site we recommend most often. Usually has the best prices of all the brokers. I don't think you can up grade until you get to the rental lot. When you do that you will pay a lot more.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

If they don't have the car level that you rented then they will upgrade you.

I either use the site you reference or costco when I book rental cars.

Upland, CA
Level Contributor
232 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

I always book with them first and if something comes up later that beats their price I cancel. I've canceled about 50% of my reservations with them; so they are definitely worth considering but not always the cheapest. And Yes, they are legit.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
325 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

Hello, I got a good deal through Thrifty Car Rental, works out to about $22/day for a Jeep Liberty SUV

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
23,100 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

Oh believe me, which ever co. you end up with they will offer you all kinda upgrade for a price! Rent what you are comfortable with and say a huge "NO" to all other offers.

West Lafayette...
Level Contributor
99 posts
6. Re: Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

Are you talking about free upgrades? You can almost always upgrade for a fee. Free upgrades are usually at the discretion of whoever is working the counter, but if they don't have the vehicle you reserved they will upgrade you at no charge.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

The nephew got upgraded for free from a Corolla to a Charger last year with them. He was keen for the Charger, as we don't see them over here.

Auckland- New...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

Hi there, where is pick up for this company. we dont really want to go to the airport as we are renting mid visit for just 3 days, do they have an office on town?

Port Orchard...
3 posts
9. Re: Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

How did that happen? I really would like an SUV I will be there next week but only need it for a few days. Any advice on which place I should contact? thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Discount Hawaii Car Rental -- upgrades?

"Hi there, where is pick up for this company. we dont really want to go to the airport as we are renting mid visit for just 3 days, do they have an office on town?"

As was said, this is a broker, for different companies. There are different pickup locations at each island, mostly at the airport. Go on the site and look.

"I really would like an SUV I will be there next week but only need it for a few days. Any advice on which place I should contact?"

If you want an SUV, then book an SUV, with the SUV booking price. If you book something else and hoping for a free upgrade, you can be disappointed.