We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
69 reviews
93 helpful votes
Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

Is it possible to do it all in one day? I only have one day of shopping.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

Yes it is totally possible to do in one day. The Waikele outlet is not that big and you can be done in 2-3 hours or less. Plus Ala Moana is open late every night. We often do both in the same day when we rent a car.

Coronado, California
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
2. Re: Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

It depends on how intense a shopper you are. I have friends who can't do Macy's Ala Moana in a day, let alone the whole mall.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
109 reviews
117 helpful votes
3. Re: Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

if your staying in Waikiki get Waikele out of the way first if shopping on a weekday, traffic sucks after 4.

Sask
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

Make sure to look up the directory of stores in both and make a list of those you want to shop at. The Ala Moana Center is huge - if you plan it right then you won't waste time going back and forth. Stop at the food court to get some "fuel" for all that power shopping.

If you register with the Outlets, you can print off money saving coupons.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
175 reviews
209 helpful votes
5. Re: Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

No Way- the shopping is huge - i went twice out to waikele and lots of times to ala moana

with respect to the replies above...they must have no concept of 'Aussies shopping Hawai' - there's a thread dedicated to it on this forum somewhere if you do a search.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
22 reviews
17 helpful votes
6. Re: Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

I'm with Maz ... the outlets are a fair way out .. and you can spend a few hours there ... but it closes early ... so do that first, then end up at Ala Moana.

But remember you will shop lots ... so where will you put everything?

Don't take too much luggage so you can stock up bigtime .... shopping in the US is a popular pastime with Aussies ...

Go to some of th websites to compare prices .. ie Macy's for clothes and cosmetics .. and also CVS for makeup. CVS is Longs Drugs at Ala Moana ... so cheap!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
131 reviews
41 helpful votes
7. Re: Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

Dont miss Ross's for shopping. The one behind Ala Moana that is across the road from Walmart is brilliant. One in Waikiki is good too - my best buys - Levi capris for $15 and Asic joggers for $34. Dont forget to go to the 4th Floor at Ala Moana and get your 10% discount card for Macys. We bought 5 pairs of Levi jeans from Levi shop at Ala Moana - $158 for the lot.

Please note, one day of shopping just isn't enough especially if you love to shop. So many bargains, so little time......

Edited: 12:26 am, January 11, 2012
M K
Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
8. Re: Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

I would not attempt both in one day. Frankly, I think that the Waikele Outlets are a bust. Not much there and relatively long drive. It boils down to what you are shopping for. The Ala Moana Center is much, much larger and diverse. More fun, too.

Norway
Level Contributor
186 posts
10 reviews
20 helpful votes
9. Re: Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

Just wondering, isn`t shopping in Hawaii more expensive than in the states? I think i have heard that it is.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
29 reviews
35 helpful votes
10. Re: Waikele outlet and Ala Moana shopping centre in one day?

well if you only have one day you have to do it..

The key word,,plan and research.

Better have some weetbix in the morning LOL

Ok trust me you wont have time to sit down and eat,,grab food on the run,and pack energy food,,mars bars etc in your bag

If you print out a map etc,and work out which shops you want to go to,it will be a huge help,you just cant rock up there without a PLAN,your just going to waste so much time,and time isnt something you have.

dont go on a sunday i think it is??,,only day the moana will close early

When we were there it close at 9pm.

do the outlet,then do the moana,check what time the rossi shop closes thats outside the shopping centre,im sure that closes before the moana,then you can head done the main drag of waikiki lots of shops stay open untill 11pm.

macys will close about 9pm??? you need to check that.

wallmart is open 24hrs so if you still want to buy stuff,,(we brought lollies,,and heaps of revlon stuff) you can go after midnight LOL