We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikiki Beach Luau

Cleveland
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Waikiki Beach Luau

Would like to find a good luau to go at Waikiki Beach. Someone told me of one but when I checked into it there were about 3,000 people. Does anyone know of a small Luau?

thanks Tom

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waikiki Beach Luau

No there are no small luaus on Waikiki Beach or around the island they are all geared for the tourist industry so they are big affairs.

The Royal Hawaiian has one it used to be on mondays not sure if it still is but it did not look that big to me a few hundred at the most.

Kelowna,BC,Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waikiki Beach Luau

The Royal Hawaiian has a great show and well worth the $.We will also be going back to the Royal in Jan and will go again. and yes we love the hotel and all the great people who work there ,to us they are not staff...they are our friends who we can't wait to see each and every year...

This is my wife's favorite hotel so if you if you have the budget to stay here just do it ...you won't regret it.....you will remember it for a life time.

Kelowna,BC,Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waikiki Beach Luau

The Royal Hawaiian has a great show and well worth the $.We will also be going back to the Royal in Jan and will go again. and yes we love the hotel and all the great people who work there ,to us they are not staff...they are our friends who we can't wait to see each and every year...

This is my wife's favorite hotel so if you if you have the budget to stay here just do it ...you won't regret it.....you will remember it for a life time.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,664 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waikiki Beach Luau

letitride - I take it you feel pretty strongly about that ??? LOL

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waikiki Beach Luau

We rec the Hale Koa, $49 and right on waikiki beach. 6-8 to table not 40. Non military is ok, buy tickets at the hotel

Cleveland
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waikiki Beach Luau

Is this located at a hotel and if so what hotel. The $49.00, does this include a dinner and show, or just a show. Thanks for your information Tom

Cleveland
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waikiki Beach Luau

Where is this hotel? Is it the Hilton Hawaiian Village? Thanks Tom

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waikiki Beach Luau

The hale koa is the military hotel on the beach next to the hilton hawaiian village. They have 2 luaus a week. It is only for military and families unless they have space, but they always have space. It is dinner and a show. I find the show good, and dinner average, they also do the pre luau stuff like climb the cocoant tree. Do a military thing at the end that is touching.

Kids are real cheap, like $12 or something. They do not advertise but they have been doing this for years.

BTW Obama will be holding his big apec meeting at the Hale Koa this week.

Edited: 10:16 am, November 09, 2011
laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waikiki Beach Luau

also if you want free, they have a hula show on the mound by dukes statue most nights at 6:00 and the sheraton has a fire dancer by the pool at about 7:00

Cleveland
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waikiki Beach Luau

Thanks for this information. Can you call ahead to get tickets? I was in the Marines years and years ago, but is this hotel and luau just for current military? Thanks Tom