We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wakikiki Condo Rental

Knoxville, TN
7 posts
Save Topic
Wakikiki Condo Rental

Family with 2 teens going to Hawaii in Oct 2006. Lookng for 2 bedroom condo to rent for a week up to $325/night. It is very hard to tell looking at a few pictures on some web sites if the condo offered is really worth up to $325 or not.

I would appreciate recommendations from anyone that is familiar with condo renting in Waikiki or has actually stayed in one.

Thanks in advance.

1. Re: Wakikiki Condo Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:10 pm, October 26, 2006
honolulu
Level Contributor
348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wakikiki Condo Rental

Would you like to post some condo names & get some more directed feedback? Be happy to help in that case.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wakikiki Condo Rental

ht19,

Do NOT post specific names!

If you are asking for user reviews and specific recommendation (which it looks as though you are), please do so with the understanding that these forums are being monitored by government authorities.

Use the Search option at the top of this list and search for topic “Government Shill Trolls Trip Advisor Forums”.

I have committed myself to NOT go into specific detail on this issue (under gag order so to speak), but you can see for yourself what’s going on.

Please, read through the thread that I cited. This should give you insight into other interests that are at work on this website which may be in direct conflict with your own concerns.

honolulu
Level Contributor
348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wakikiki Condo Rental

I believe furnitureman is referring to threads about out-of-Waikiki rentals & their legality/illegality. Waikiki condo vacation rentals are legal. There should be no debate on that, simply referrals to which are best.

richt19, it seems like it would be pretty easy to find one for that price.

Always good: Waikiki Beach Tower. Big apartments, great ocean view.

Sometimes good: Royal Kuhio. The apartments are good-sized but some are badly outdated & some don't have good views. The nice ones are pretty nice, though, and the location's central.

Discovery Bay: near Ala Moana & Magic Island. The two bedrooms are big & should come with a parking. Some views are spectacular.

Do post specific questions. A lot of us here like to see visitors get the inside scoop.

Aloha

Knoxville, TN
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wakikiki Condo Rental

Thanks for your assistance. We were looking at some of the penthouse condo's at the Royal Kuhio. Do you know if they are outdated or should be pretty nice. Sometimes pictures can be deceiving. If specific links of 2 of them would help I can add them to a post.

Thanks again,

Richard

honolulu
Level Contributor
348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wakikiki Condo Rental

richt19,

happy to look at the links. and do you have any other options for comparison?

Knoxville, TN
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wakikiki Condo Rental

These were some of what we are considering. Down to the final decision.

http://www.vacationhomes.com/14161

(As of now leading choice)

www.hawaiianvacation.com/listings/6111.html

(Pictures are out of date....owner not very responsive)

http://www.vrbo.com/67648

(No pool or beach within walking distance for kids, but looks very nice)

www.hawaii-beachhomes.com/site/Imagery/

PropertyID__9904/ReferralID__10698/1636/

DesktopDefault.aspx?Imagery&PropertyID=9904

&ReferralID=10698&tabid=1636

(No beach within walking distance for kids, but looks very nice)

It seems some owners/managers will be flexible with the rate being mid Oct and some will not. Any recommendations you can provide will be very helpful before I commit.

Thanks again,

honolulu
Level Contributor
348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wakikiki Condo Rental

The first one looks like it's on the preferred side of the building, the ocean-view side. It's rare to find an apartment that size here. Looks like a good deal.

Be aware that Royal Kuhio is on a very busy street/corner but it is very convenient to just about everything in Waikiki.

The second Royal Kuhio PH is on what agents like to call "the cool side" - aka the non-ocean-facing side. Some of the mountain views can be better than a blocked ocean view, of course, but at that building, I'd generally go for ocean view unless the $ difference is big enough to matter to you. 2000 sq ft is also very large for a Hawaii apartment.

The last one, the house, looks least desirable. It is way too far to walk to anything at all, like restaurants or stores, much less beaches. It's more like a location for someone here to work, or a large group focused on each other without a need to go anywhere. Imho, it's also very overpriced for that location & the rent they could otherwise get & the lack of nearby amenities.