We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 Hours in Honolulu

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grande Prairie...
5 posts
Save Topic
12 Hours in Honolulu

I have a stop-over in Honolulu on my way to Australia. I'd like to hit a beach. I am a single female traveller, so a safe, family oriented beach would be nice. Any suggestions?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 Hours in Honolulu

Go to Ko'Olina. Its west of the airport. Great lagoons and beaches are there.

Grande Prairie...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 Hours in Honolulu

Thank you. I've searched it and it looks great! I'm there on a Saturday from noon until midnight, so hopefully it won't be too packed when I get there!

Cascade, Iowa
Level Contributor
425 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 Hours in Honolulu

Hit Waikiki! The beach is right there along with plenty of people watching ,restaurants, shopping, etc. A 12 hour layover, all at the beach is a very long time! IMO the Waikiki area would serve you well.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,208 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 Hours in Honolulu

Waikiki is nice beause there's all kinds of food, shopping, even decent outdoor showers and restrooms available (by Fort de Russey park).

Maybe other beaches offer these also, but with 12 hours seems that you might want a little more than just a beautiful beach.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 Hours in Honolulu

I agree w/the head to Waikiki advice. You can get sun, sand and beach as well as shop (if you want), eat or have a cocktail. Many more options than heading to Ko Olina.