We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most romantic hotel in hawaii

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
U.S.A.
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Topic
Most romantic hotel in hawaii

need to know

Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
189 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most romantic hotel in hawaii

We stayed in the Honeymoon room at the Kilauea Lodge http://www.kilauealodge.com/ on the Big Island

I loved it. Volcano is very tropical.

The mornings were chilly ( we were there in April )

The place smells like a flower shop.

I loved the solitude of the volcano.

I loved the dinner at the lodge, and obviously the fantastic breakfast. So this place gets my vote

My wife loved the next stop on our tour the best...kona village. http://www.konavillage.com/

We stayed in the deluxe ocean front hale.

It was nice but I preferred the solitude of Kilauea lodge the best. Too many rugrats at Kona village.

also this was a few years ago and I see some less than favorable reviews lately.

I go hiking at the volcano about once a year so I can vouch for the fact that Kilauea lodge is still in great shape, provided you like a mountainous setting.

if you are going to see volcanoes national park I think it's worth a night or two

In Maui we stayed at the westin Maui on kaanapali. NOT romantic but it was a great party and a nice hotel.

We had friends that stayed at the Princeville resort on Kauai on their honeymoon and they liked it

so my vote is for Kilauea lodge ( honeymoon room )

have a great time no matter where you stay.

do a helicopter tour if you can ( we recommend Blue Hawaiian )

Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
189 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most romantic hotel in hawaii

PS: you posted this in the honolulu forum.

Did you mean most romantic hotel Honolulu?

I guess when I think romance I don't necessarily think Honolulu ( no offense )

I suppose the royal Hawaiian is nice but if you are going to be in the Islands for a while and want romance I'd check out some of the other islands

Illinois
Level Contributor
952 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most romantic hotel in hawaii

I've been to Kauai, Maui & Big Island, so I can tell you about our experiences on those 3 islands. The most romantic place we've ever had the good fortune of staying at is the Four Seasons Hualalai on the Big Island. Hands down, bar none!

Four Seasons Maui is second (the rooms at Hualalai are better), and Princeville on Kauai third. We've also stayed at the Fairmont Orchid on the Big Island--it was more of a regular big hotel, kind of business-like. I can't really say it's romantic, but I've stayed at far worse hotels. As for the Mauna Lani on the Big Island--that's the far worse hotel I was just talking about. I know that others have stayed there with no complaints, but we tried 5 different rooms, and all were so moldy that we couldn't breathe. We left & went to the Orchid. That happened in 2003, so maybe it's better now, but we'll never try them again.