We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need review on any bed and breakfast

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
need review on any bed and breakfast

please let me know of any place anyone has stayed at kailua beack. the decriptions sounds good but i see to be skeptical.''

thanks in advance

crystal.

Level Contributor
382 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need review on any bed and breakfast

What’s the business name and address of the B&B?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need review on any bed and breakfast

affordable paradise

New Jersey
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: need review on any bed and breakfast

also vacation rentals

Is it safe to send the deposit in advance??

Do others pay advance too??

Thanks in advance

Crystal.

Level Contributor
382 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need review on any bed and breakfast

Affordable Paradise is a web-site marketer that has a long list of B&B’s and vacation rentals on their site. They most likely do not operate or own any of the B&B’s. They may not be located on Oahu. Do you have a specific B&B you are looking at?

In regards to giving a deposit and having accommodations when you arrive, I have recommended to other visitors to always make sure their vacation rental or B&B is “legal”. There are many Oahu vacation rentals and B&B’s advertised on the internet that are “illegal”. This is very important issue right now because the City officials are trying to shut down all of the “illegal” operators at this moment. If you book with an “illegal” vacation rental or B&B, by the time you arrive, they may be out of business. I highly recommend, you request the address of the vacation rental or B&B from the operator (if they refuse to do that, than forget them), then call the City Department of Planning and Permitting vacation rental or B&B division (808 523-4193) and ask them if the operator is legitimate. This is the best guarantee you can receive that your accommodations will be okay.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,502 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: need review on any bed and breakfast

Most B&Bs and most units available through www.vrbo.com want the deposit and "rent" in advance.

This is a list of some B&Bs available from the site: budgettravelonline.com - I couldn't post the link from the site because it has more than 40 characters in the link. I have never been in any of them & have no idea if they are legal or not.

Oahu

35. Ali'i Bluffs Windward Bed and Breakfast (46-251 Ikiiki St., Kaneohe, HI 96744; 800/235-1151, hawaiiscene.com/aliibluffs ) presents two fun rooms-one with a circus theme, the other a Victorian theme-and a swimming pool in a quiet suburb on the island's northeastern windward coast. Rooms start at $60.

36. Beach Lane B&B (111 Hekili St., No. 277, Kailua, HI 96734; 808/262-8286, beachlane.com ) is a stone's throw to Kailua Beach, with two old-fashioned bedroom suites with ocean views, on the second floor of a renovated home. Rooms start at $95.

37. J &B's Haven (P.O. Box 25907, Honolulu, HI 96825; 808/396-9462, bbonline.com/hi/jbshaven ) offers two rooms with valley and mountain views from the floor-to-ceiling windows, only seven minutes from the excellent snorkeling spot of Hanauma Bay. The mother and daughter British owners have been running B&Bs for more than 16 years. Rooms start at $65.

38. The Manoa Valley Inn (2001 Vancouver Dr., Honolulu, HI 96822; 800/634-5115, aloha.net/~wery/mvbroch.htm ) was built in 1919 and retains its stunning allure, nestled in the back of verdant Manoa Valley, minutes from Honolulu. This three-story home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and offers seven spacious suites and a charming country cottage. Rooms start at $99.

39. Manu Mele Bed and Breakfast (153 Kailuna Pl., Kailua, HI 96734; 808/262-0016, pixi.com/~manumele ) is named for the varieties of songbirds who visit the B&B every morning-Manu Mele means "bird song" in Hawaiian. The beach is a short walk from the B&B, which has a pool and two rooms with their own private entrances and dining areas. Rooms start at $80.

40. Marianne's Bed and Breakfast (572 Papalani St., Kailua, HI 96734; 808/261-8416, bnbweb.com/mariannes.html) is a two-unit B&B with private entry, kitchenette, pool, and a backyard with a stream. Rooms start at $65.

41. Paradise Palms Bed and Breakfast (804 Mokapu Rd., Kailua, HI 96734; 808/254-4234, paradisepalmshawaii.com ) has two guest suites, each with private entrance, patio, and kitchenette, in the quiet suburb of Kailua, within walking distance of the beach of the same name. Rooms start at $75.

42. Pillows in Paradise (336 Awakea Rd., Kailua, HI 96734; 808/262-8540, pillowsinparadise.com ) is another establishment on the windward coast, offering three rooms with mini-kitchenettes and private entrances overlooking a pleasant pool and deck surrounded by palm trees. Rooms start at $75.

Waimanalo, Hawaii
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: need review on any bed and breakfast

Aloha, most vacation rentals and B&B will want the money and deposit in advance. They are not a big hotel chain that can afford last minute cancelations.