We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An Australian who loves Hawaii!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
An Australian who loves Hawaii!

Hello everyone

I've just returned from my holiday which was spent mostly in Honolulu. It was brilliant. I ate, shopped, swam and relaxed like never before. The people were so lovely which made it even more special.

I was so sad to leave. Needless to say, I'm planning trip number 2 right now.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice and reviews here as these formed the basis of my holiday plan.

I've started blogging my adventures - hotels, foods, shopping and general observations.

The posts start here

sydneyshopgirl.com/2011/05/pictureless-postc…

I hope first time visitors find something useful in amongst all my photos and writing.

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: An Australian who loves Hawaii!

What a great blog! Love the pictures!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: An Australian who loves Hawaii!

I use to think of Hawaii as being like the Gold Coast QLD, but boy I was wrong, sure Waikiki has all the shops and big hotels, but there is more to Hawaii than Waikiki, just driving around the island there are so many beautiful places. I hope to explore the other islands sooner or later.

I have fallen in love with the place, there is something for everyone in Hawaii, it beats Phuket hands down. When going overseas I like to go to different places, but after going the first time I was so sold on the place I couldn't wait to go back, it is hard to explain there is just something in the air about it,

so November here we come!

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,422 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: An Australian who loves Hawaii!

Those pictures were GREAT! Thanks for sharing with us. I loved the pink moped. Harleynut told me he wants to drive it on his next Hawai'i trip. Wouldn't he look adorable on it?

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: An Australian who loves Hawaii!

It's our second "home", returning for the 8th time later this year....LOVE IT !

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: An Australian who loves Hawaii!

Caddy, I'll have to get the pink side-car fitted first, so I can take you for a spin! Look good with my tangerine mankini glowing in the tropical sun, or would the glow be coming of my sunburnt buns… Just remember, if you have an accident and and die on the way home from work this week with that image in your head, you're on the elevator to the red basement and it'll be hotter than Singapore in summer!

Lonestarfroot, the photos are great and I'm so glad you had a great time. Next time, you've gotta' get over to Maui and check that "awful" place out as well. Their economy is so suppressed that they can't afford to knock down the old whaling village called Lahaina and build a new multiplex centre. Better duck over & spend some dough to help the poor buggers out! Sorry, but this condition is going to be an expensive ailment to live with.

Razzmartaz, the Gold Coast has the huge stretches of sandy beach, but Waikiki is like Surfers Paradise on steroids.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Florida
Level Contributor
326 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: An Australian who loves Hawaii!

LOL @ the Cheetos bag the size of a pillow! I enjoyed reading! It was so interesting to get a different perspective on the things we enjoy daily.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
49 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: An Australian who loves Hawaii!

We actually live on the Gold Coast in Qld and have been addicted to Hawaii since our first trip in 2001. Hawaii is nothing like the Gold Coast, the unique islands, beautiful beaches and friendly people. We love it there and need a 'fix' at least once a year otherwise we begin to suffer severe withdrawal symptons. We are getting our 'fix' soon - heading back for our 9th trip in August.

Only 8 weeks to go!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: An Australian who loves Hawaii!

I love Hawaii as well!!!!!!

Been 12 months now our winter has well and truly kicked in I cannot wait to get back to Waikiki...25 days til touch down but who is counting.....

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: An Australian who loves Hawaii!

Sigh.

My last Hawaii post.

I've reviewed The Hilton Hawaiian Village in the post if this helps. With pics of the property and some of the food.

Great to know so many Aussies love this place as much as I do.

sydneyshopgirl.com/2011/06/end-of-rainbow-se…

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,959 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: An Australian who loves Hawaii!

Aloha,

Mahalo Lonestar , we like the Aussies too!

Aloha