We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$5.00 Shopping Shuttle

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
$5.00 Shopping Shuttle

Hi

Any one used the $5.00 shuttle to Factory Outlets?

http://pgplover.com/home.html

John

Sydney AU

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $5.00 Shopping Shuttle

Yep, it works great. :) I got on at the Ilikai as it was the first stop and closest to our hotel.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $5.00 Shopping Shuttle

that looks good, she who must be obeyed, loves to shop!!!!!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $5.00 Shopping Shuttle

The other bus us 26.00 return .so looks good deal

John

Bendigo
Level Contributor
958 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $5.00 Shopping Shuttle

Have caught both the more expensive shuttle and the $5 bus. Recommend the $5 bus ,runs on time, returns at several different times which allows you to spend more time than you originally think you will need.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,304 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $5.00 Shopping Shuttle

She Who Must Be Obeyed would prefer the Ala Moana Shopping Center.

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,757 Reviews
Oahu, HI
South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: $5.00 Shopping Shuttle

Pay no attention to BLBL - Waikele is incredible ;) Especially for us Aussies.

Edited: 1:42 am, April 17, 2011
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,304 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: $5.00 Shopping Shuttle

Pull up both websites and compare the two.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: $5.00 Shopping Shuttle

i think over 14500 posts more than you deserves some respect beedoo, your comments are not appreciated advice is given so people can compare and make a decision, not to score points of....

Bendigo
Level Contributor
958 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: $5.00 Shopping Shuttle

Lets try to be nice about this. Ala Moana is a wonderful shopping centre with the most wonderful range of opportunities to spend the A$. I think the Aussies love Waikele too as there are so many brands which cost a fortune in

Australian shops due to shipping, import duty and our GST tax on top. All shopping is great and we are bringing $$$$$ by the bucketload at present so be nice and say all shopping is great - whatever is your fancy open that purse.

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,757 Reviews
Oahu, HI
South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: $5.00 Shopping Shuttle

Does anyone travel 10 hours on a plane and only go to ONE shopping center?

Of course not.

I went to Waikele once. I went to Ala Moana every single day we were there. There is absolutely no rule that says you can only do one or the other.

Shoppers who live in the US do not always realise just how good they have it. Prices in Australia are so high for things like shoes and clothes etc.

My experience was that at Waikele there are significantly cheaper prices for things that you can also get at Ala Moana - I previously gave the example of Converse shoes which you can get 2 for 40 at Waikele, and one for $39.99 at Ala Moana.

Tony with all due respect, if I followed everything the destination advisors said - regardless of how many posts they have and how long they have been a member here - I would have missed out on a lot of the great things I enjoyed in Hawaii. Not everyone enjoys doing the same things on holiday.

From what I have read during my time here as a lurker and as a member, BLBL is not that into shopping. That is a perfectly valid choice - she is entitled to that opinion.

But in a thread where someone is asking about the shopping shuttle to Waikele, I'm going to speak up if an Aussie member is given advice not to bother going there, because my experience of the bargains out there was so incredible that I would not want any fellow Aussie - who has flown 10 hours and possibly more if they are not from the East Coast - to miss out on those bargains.

I personally went home to Australia with 45kg more luggage than I arrived with. I'd say half of that came from Waikele, and half of that from Ala Moana and other places.

To each their own, but I do not like it when people try to impose their own on others and discourage them from doing things just because it isn't their thing. I am sorry if that offends, but that is how I feel. :)

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,757 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States