We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikiki Resort vs. Aloha Surf - Which would you choose?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Currituck, NC
2 posts
Save Topic
Waikiki Resort vs. Aloha Surf - Which would you choose?

I will be in the Waikiki area for a month. I am looking for any opinions about these two hotels: Waikiki Resort and Aqua Aloha Surf. I need a clean place to stay for the month with adequate nearby parking. Any experienced travelers out there to offer some help?

Waco, TX
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Waikiki Resort vs. Aloha Surf - Which would you choose?

Waikiki Resort seems to have a closer proximity to the beach v. the Ala Wai Canal (did you mean to say the "Aston" Surf Hotel or did Aqua possibly pick up that property?).

Either way, yes use the link to view both locale's, but if those are the choices I would go with the Waikiki Resort.

Possibly even a bit "safer"...

Call the hotels direct and/or visit there websites for further review...

Aloha and ENJOY!

http://www.wizardpub.com/oahu/oahaerials.html

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waikiki Resort vs. Aloha Surf - Which would you choose?

Waikiki Resort is in an EXCELLENT location. About 1 block from the beach, next to lots of food choices and shopping.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waikiki Resort vs. Aloha Surf - Which would you choose?

Oh, and one other thing -- run a search on this site for both properties and read the reviews. For the most part, I have found them pretty accurate (unless the posters where priceline users who could not understand why they got lower level floors for a rock-bottom price, instead of an upper-level room with a view.