We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea turtles?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
167 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Sea turtles?

Where can I see some? Is it possible without scuba diving or snorkling?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
104 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea turtles?

I haven't been there yet, but my research tells me that Turtle Beach (Laniakea) on the North Shore is a great place to see the turtles. Here is a link to more information on the beach:

tropicalsnorkeling.com/oahu-snorkeling-turtl…

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,536 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea turtles?

When you take Driving Tour #2, stop at Laniakea Beach. They like to bask in the afternoon sun. Sometimes they will be swimming in the shallow water. You can wade in the water with them.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
167 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea turtles?

awesome, thank you. cant wait to driving tour 2!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,536 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea turtles?

Monday would be better for Driving Tour #2. Some of the beach parking lots fill up early on weekends, especially Waimea Bay.

Laniakea Beach does not have a sign. But you will know when you get there as there will be people trying to get across the road. Parking is on opposite side of the road from the beach. It is about 2 miles or so on the Haleiwa side of Waimea Bay.

5. Re: Sea turtles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, October 27, 2012