We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping Honolulu

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
shopping Honolulu

I'll be staying in Waikiki for 7 nights in Mar. Does anyone know where I can shop for discounted branded stuff (polo, ralp l, coach etc)?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,670 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping Honolulu

Ana -- please do a search on the Oahu Forum, and scroll down through the threads as well. We (especially your fellow Aussies) talk about shopping all the time.

The Waikele Premium Outlets (check them on-line) are not handy, but it is pretty easy to take a special transportation. Personally, I would rather shop at the Ala Moana Shopping Center at Macy's.

There are a tons of places to shop on Oahu, so again ... grab a pad and pencil and do a search on the Oahu Forum.

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping Honolulu

Thanks, that outlet looks great.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,343 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping Honolulu

"I'll be staying in Waikiki for 7 nights in Mar. Does anyone know where I can shop for discounted branded stuff (polo, ralp l, coach etc)?"

I just added a "Shopping for Aussies", Top Question on the right side of the page.

It is a recent trip report with lots of shopping suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,684 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping Honolulu

Waikele is definitely the place you want to visit. The prices are so great there, you will have a wonderful time.

Also just across the road from Waikele is a Starbucks attached to a Borders and they had a big wall of discounted books for $1.99 and upwards. You just might want to leave the book shopping till last because some of the books are hardbacks and pretty heavy! There is also a big Kmart over there and they have a range of things designed by Jaclyn Smith which we do not get here in Australia.

Ala Moana is also fantastic but it is open 10am to something like 9 or 10pm most days, so you can easily visit there every single day if you want to cruise by after your days out. We visited Ala Moana every single day while we were there - including the day we went to Waikele if I remember correctly.

My parents who own a retail store and normally can't be dragged shopping no matter how much one begs and pleads were the ones who kept wanting to go back to Ala Moana. There is so much to see there and many bargains to hunt for in Macys and Nordstroms.

If you have big feet like me (size 10/11 womens) do not, whatever you do, miss out on the Payless Shoes which is near the International Market. Payless over there is not like payless over here because some great designers make shoes for them - eg Christian Siriano, Isabel Toledo, Lela Rose - and they have a huge section of size 10/11. I was like a deer in the headlights in there.

Those are my thoughts on shopping. ;)

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping Honolulu

Well done Dusty. A welcome addition to the tips 'n hints column.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,343 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping Honolulu

"A welcome addition to the tips 'n hints column."

While trip reports really shouldn't be in the Top Questions, this one had so many tips for shopping for Aussies that I put it in as a Top Question.

If you and/or any other Aussie wants to write up a good "generic" list for Aussie shopping, I can edit the Top Questions & put it in instead.

7. Re: shopping Honolulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, February 22, 2012
;