We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

Am wondering if anyone has used this particular shuttle

Not that keen on Outlet Shopping & designer brands but figured this was cheap transportation.

Any thoughts on Ward Warehouse?

Mentioned in this post
Ward Warehouse
Ward Warehouse
51 Reviews
Oahu, HI
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,670 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

The best place to shop is the Ala Moana Shopping Center. I explored Ward earlier this week a bit ... and it has some nice shops ... spread out kinda goofy, though. Pull up the website for the Ala Moana Shopping Center and then the Outlets. Compare. The Outlets are not handy to Waikiki ... and the overall options, including food services, are alot fewer.

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Newcastle Au
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

I used this shuttle service on our last trip in May '10 - wouldn't even bother looking at other companies.

We were picked up from behind the Hyatt, on time, & taken straight to the outlets, about a half hour drive, which seemed shorter (perhaps from the anticipation of all those bargains that us Aussie's love!!!).

The good thing about PG Plovers, is that they have a desk there at the Outlets. When you get off the bus you nominate a return time, but if you're totally caught up in the shopping experience, you may want to change to a later time - this is made easy by having the desk there.

As BLBL says, the best place to shop is Ala Moana, but for the Aussies, we tend to also love the outlets - Levi's, Guess, Nine West, Calvin Klein, etc. It's all there & there's some real bargains to be had.

Also, duck across the road to Waikele Center. Here there is Kmart, Old Navy, Sports Authority, Borders, Lowe's (like Bunnings but better :} ).

There are also several food options here like Chili's, Sushi, KFC, Macca's, Starbucks,etc.

Check out their web for a list of retailers - http://waikelecenter.com/directory.html

Overall, I thought the Outlets & Waikele Center were worth the trip out, but that's my opinion, other's may disagree. Guess the only way you will know is to make the trip & judge for yourself.

Either way - happy shopping!!!

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,684 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

I absolutely agree with IDreamofHawaiiDaily - being Australian we love to shop at the awesomely cheap prices found at the outlet stores.

It would be nice if everyone remembered when commenting on "best places" etc would consider that their opinion is not the only one in the world and that people might enjoy things that they do not.

It might be worth remembering when giving advice for those that live in the USA and have access to those prices and that shopping at any time, whereas we Aussies do not, and we love bargains.

I hate to think that some people end up missing out on things like Waikele or the swap meet based on information from people who just aren't into those things. .

We had the best day at Waikele and when I say we, I say my parents (who are in their 60's now and not really shopping lovers) and my other half who is also anti shopping but LOVED the levis outlet and converse and adidas. And of course me who found some absolutely incredible bargains out there from vitamins to shoes to clothes to perfume.

We generally went to Ala Moana daily (as we loved the pacific tea garden kona coffee floats) but it was well worth making the trip to Waikele, too.

We had a great day at the swap meet as well.

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,684 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

I forgot to mention that we did use the PGPlover shopping shuttle and it was brilliant. We got on at the Ilikai which I believe is the first stop. There was more than one bus, which was my worry originally and why we went to the first stop.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

We booked the PGPlover shuttle for 9.05am departure from Ohana West. We waited over an hour and caught the 10.05 shuttle. Obviously they cancelled the 9am shuttle. I asked them why the 9am shuttle did not run and they did not reply just stared blankly at me - no apology.

Waikele is not worth the wait, shop at Ala Moana

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

Certainly worth the return fare to the Waikele Outlet. Lots of stores from high end to beach clothing and everything in between. Have to say though, the Ala Moana mall is spectacular, you'll need the whole day there! I also agree with beedoo that as an Aussie the prices are terrific whereas the USA folk may not be as excited as we are. Go shop and enjoy yourself.

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,666 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

I recommend the shuttle to Waikele Outlets as well. Excellent service.

Sydney
Level Contributor
222 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

We used the shuttle too - well worth the money.

And I think it is worth a trip to the outlets, even if you don't stay too long there is some good shopping to be had.

The prices are excellent for us Aussies, we don't get prices like that here.

Sask
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

I think Ward Center is the newer place, and it is nearby, so you can do both. The Nordstrom Rack is there too.

We drove to the outlet and we had to circle around for a while to find parking. In this case, it might actually be a good idea to take the shuttle.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PGPlover $5 Shopping Shuttle to Waikele Outley

Sask as a fellow Canadian how did you find the pricing ??? Sometimes I have found shopping comparable depending on how our dollar fluctuates

;