We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aussie in paradise lol

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
aussie in paradise lol

well im here 3 days and done so much already,,talk about shopping lol

just went on a sunset cruise ok so the cloud got in the way tonight,,but its great out on the water,,so worth $30

saw a street parade on saturday was fab,,all the queens and princesses on horses beautiful,,saw the free hula show on the beach,,lovely

macys has heaps on sale,,got mac foundation $29 its like $70 at home..

relvon foundation $13 in ABC store i pay $35 at home

running into heaps of aussies here lol

i love this place

Sydney
Level Contributor
164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aussie in paradise lol

Soooo good you are there and enjoying yourself.

It really is so fabulous.

Still another 7 weeks till I am there. I look forward to reading more from you, especially shopping bargains. How good is the dollar for us at the moment!!

Mahalo!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aussie in paradise lol

Longs Drugs in Ala Moana has cheap make up as well... lots of Revlon.

Macys at Ala Moana is bigger than the one in Waikiki.

Don't forget to have a meal at the Cheesecake Factory -- us Aussies love it!

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,750 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
11,446 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: aussie in paradise lol

Lucky you, was there last week, sigh. Don't forget Longs for basic brands and do not go past Sephora, my fav place. If you go to the Cheesecake Factory, head there not much later than 5.30pm, you won't have to wait too long for a table. If you do have a wait, grab a spot at the bar and watch the barman do his stuff.

Mentioned in this post
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
11,446 Reviews
Oahu, HI
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,402 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: aussie in paradise lol

Sydney, the Aussie dollar is pretty much at par with $US - $0.97 US.

I don't know how you guys do it at home. DH is there now and was shocked at the prices of things. Now I understand why Aussies so love to shop here.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: aussie in paradise lol

hey guys. ALOHA

yep been to cheesecake factory twice already,been to bubba bump 3 times love it,,OMG the food is good.

well today went to lanikai beach today OMG its so amazing there ,,have some nice photos,,blue water and the softest sand,,bit like whitehaven in QLD,,i so love it i love kailua i so could live there i really feel like home the town has a nice feel to it.daughter is happy got the new ipod touch with camera tonight.

we went to wallmart and the rossi shop, last night,rossi has some very cheap stuff though its a pain to look through the racks,,i got daughter everlast gym wear for $10 ,,and daughter got some tops for $10.

got halloween stuff from wallmart,,and will bring back all the big bags of the candy.

surf is up here today,,sunset tonight was fab..

went to hanauma bay yesterday,,was beautiful,,but cut my toe on the coral,,so if you dont have flippers on wear reef shoes as its no fun with bood pouring from your toe,lifeguards fixed me up with benadine and bandaid etc .

I was being so careful not to touch the coral,,i just wasnt careful enough

have met some lovely people

so yes guys comming soon you will be stocking up on makeup,,so make sure you get family and friends colours all written down.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aussie in paradise lol

i got my macys 10% discount card which was good,,have met and told others of it,,they diidnt know so were very thankful,lots of good stuff on the clearence racks,,the forever 21 shop is great!!! so much nice stuff there,,dont miss that shop..

yeah the ala moana is a fantastic place most shops other that channel etc have sale racks,,, i got burberry sunglasses were $200 for $70 from macys..

we have been lost so many times at the moana its so big

ok need sleep now for tomorrow is another adventure,,and more food lol

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aussie in paradise lol

If you enjoy seafood, pop down to the Red Lobster restaurant as well.

I prefer that to Bubbas.

It's just past the HIlton on the way to Ala Moana (I think Outback Steakhouse is next door).

RL has the best cheesey types rolls, which they give you for free.

And their lobster pizza is a great share for an appetiser before the main meal. Though we fill up on the rolls and pizza!

Can't wait for your trip report.

Are you using the Apple store to send your free emails? That's just about next to the Cheesecake Factory.

By the way the dollar hit over 97 today, then went back to just under. So spend up big! They reckon it could go to par ...

148 sleeps to go!

Mentioned in this post
Red Lobster
Red Lobster
931 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,750 Reviews
Oahu, HI
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
11,446 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: aussie in paradise lol

Sounds like you are having lots of fun!!! =D Looking forward to hearing all about it when you return & pictures please!!!

Don't you just love the currency rate!!! I went and got a couple hundred USD dollars yesterday and hope to get more prior to our Hawaii trip in November. Wahoo!!!

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Sydney,NSW
Level Contributor
361 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: aussie in paradise lol

Sounds like you are having a ball. I leave in 15 days and even though I have been many times before, I am sooooooo excited and can't wait to get into the shops!!! Pearlridge shopping center is a good one too if you have a car or want to travel out there by bus :)

Are you going to the Waikele outlet Mall?

Enjoy! :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: aussie in paradise lol

hi back again

yes have been to apple shop,,got the new ipod touch with the camera,,we get free internet where we are,so email at night from hotel

ok we went to kahala mall this arvo,,was really good ,,you have to check out every macys store,you see as they all have different stuff on the sales rack.

so today miss got heaps all $10 each frommacys sale racks,,roxy and few other surf brands,denim,,shorts,,tops,,dresses,,short jumpsuits(3 ) lol

really nice teen young people surfy,,swimwear really nice $20 set

jessica simpson sunglasses $27,,steve madden,,calvin klien all around $30 /$40,,really nice sunglasses on sale at this macys.

Nice handbags on slae too,,but i didnt get one.

some really nice shops in this mall and not many tourist at all so felt right at home ,,its really worth a look this place,we were there for hours,,, went across the road to a huge pet shop found it expensive but really cool stuff and nice to check out the fish birds etc LOL.

its just about a 10 min bus trip bus 22/23

there was a huge organic supermarket there full of fruit and veg,,so nice to see..

we spent half hour in a card shop checking out all the music halloween cards,,I got this cool twilight card,with edward talking OMG its so cool,,$5

so no havnt been to outlets yet going friday as the jellyfish are about then,(so made them non swimming days),not sure where im just going to fit everythingyou must buy these chip things called bugles choc peanut butter from longs drug store YUM,,reeses puffs and peanut butter crunch things from breaky,,talk about OD on peanut butter.

havnt got to red lobster YET

forgot to say before sears is a bit crappy,but have some good mark downs on perfume,watches,etc,so worth looking in that department

must go need sleep