We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Breakfast at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Free Breakfast at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel?

Hi everyone, I am new here :)

My husband and I are currently planning our trip to Oahu for this coming January. I found a hotel I really like the Aston Waikiki Beach hotel and they offer a free breakfast by the sounds of it.

I was reading the reviews and some people got the breakfast others didnt. If you didnt get the breakfast how come? Was it because you got a special room rate or because you didnt want it?

This hotel is really appealling to me because thats one less meal we would have to go out and pay for....

I would appreciate any help with this hotel review! Good or bad. If you have stayed there let me know what you thought! Thanks so much

Central MN
Level Contributor
296 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Breakfast at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel?

I have stayed there and we really enjoyed the free breakfast. i would stay there again. When we booked I believe it was just the cheapest room rate that didn't include the free breakfast, and it spelled that out in the description. i think I may have booked it through Expedia.

They give you a bag (if they are still doing it that way - it's been a couple of years since we stayed there) and you are able to take the breakfast with you to enjoy in your room or on the beach. We had an oceanfront room, so enjoyed getting breakfast and eating on our balcony.

It is portable stuff like yogurt, muffins/baked goods, breakfast burritos, etc. it was nothing special, but it was enough to sustain you in the morning. You could also bring your own travel mug for coffee too (or buy a travel mug at the Starbuck's there).

The location of the hotel was fine. Close enough to all the action.

The rooms were small - but that is pretty standard for Waikiki hotel rooms.

I remember enjoying having a small refrigerator in the room to keep extra yogurt from breakfast in for a snack later!

No issues that I can remember with the hotel. It was a pleasant stay!

Have fun!

Edited: 1:06 pm, September 24, 2010
Bay Area
Level Contributor
257 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Breakfast at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel?

I am not sure about the Aston... But i just saw a deal at the Ohan East that has a package right know. It is Room, Breakfast and Dinner... for somerthing like $150.00 a night... You may want to look at that. It is a great little hotel. Not fancy, but clean and has a pool and a hot tub that are open late.

~Aloha~

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
277 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Breakfast at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel?

We stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach in 2008 and enjoyed both the hotel and the free breakfast. Here's a link to our review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60982-d8697…

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free Breakfast at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel?

I stayed there in June of this year. When you enter the breakfast area you have to show your room key and tell them your room number which they write down. I guess if the free breakfast hasnt been included in your booking you will get charged for it when you check out.

I cant quite remember, but i think we got the free cooler bags when we checked in and were told about the breakfast then. Ask when you check in if you arent sure if its included.

It is good, but all the best pastries and fruit goes quickly so make sure you get down there at 6:30am when it starts. Even if you get down there late there will still be plenty of cereal, muffins, yogurt, coffee and fruit juice available.

5. Re: Free Breakfast at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 25, 2011