We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

I have only 2.5 days in Waikiki and want to do some shopping. Because of limited time where do you think I should go for some serious shopping.

Thanks Trip Advisors.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

Depends what you are shopping for. I always go out to Waikele, but if I only had 2 and a half days I'd be tempted to just do what's close to Waikiki: Ala Moana (Macy's usually has great shoe sales), Walmart and Ross if you want really cheap bargains( one block behind Ala Moana) and Nordstrom Rack at Ward Centers. (Nordstroms is like DJ's and this is their outlet store.)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2. Re: Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

For SERIOUS shopping -- we go to Ala Moana Center. It is the fifteenth largest shopping mall in the United States!

…wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_shopping…

(In 1959 it was THE largest!...) It's still awesome!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

We were in Waikiki last September, also for only 2 days. We took 1 empty suitcase and ended up having to buy two more to take all our stuff home!

Best think is that the shops tend to stay open until 10.00. We spent all day on the beach, or driving around the island, had dinner and then shopped until stumps. The outlet place we visited on the way home from the island drive and it is well worth going. Great shoes, Levi's , Banana republic, Coach, Ralph Lauren...check out their website.

Ala Moana is fantastic, but is sooooo big, we checked out the shops we wanted to go to on the web, and pretty much made a bee line to them. Don't miss Sephora for cosmetics,.

Previous posts have mentioned Ross dress for Less, It's a must go. Looks like Savers but all new stuff, vastly discounted. If you need to buy extra suitcases, get them from here.

California
Level Contributor
51,220 posts
19 reviews
29 helpful votes
4. Re: Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

I would make the Ala Moana your focus, and then if you have time and energy for Ross and other discount stores, fine.

There are tons of great posts about shopping (mostly from Aussies!) on this forum, so please do a search. Some great information!

Seattle
Level Contributor
54,971 posts
22 reviews
64 helpful votes
5. Re: Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

No different than other places shopping outlets takes more time as there's more merchandise to sort thru. I'd start with the sales at Macy's. -suze

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
22 reviews
17 helpful votes
6. Re: Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

You can spend a whole day at Ross'. Longs Drugs at Ala Moana also has cheap makeup.

Makeup prices are unbelieveably cheap for Aussies....

Macy's at Ala Moana is bigger than Macy's in Waikiki, and don't forget they give a discount card of 10% (I think is is) for overseas people - show your passport.

You'll want to go back - trust me!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
22,665 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
7. Re: Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

Macy's gives an automatic 11% discount to overseas people, just show your passport at each purchase.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Level Contributor
889 posts
15 reviews
26 helpful votes
8. Re: Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

Thanks for that tip CAnative! Much appreciated!!! Do Canadian passports count?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
22,665 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
9. Re: Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

Sure, you are foreigners too! ; )

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
37 reviews
75 helpful votes
10. Re: Shopping advice for Aussie gal Outlet or Ana Moana

We were there in late July.

I was in Macys Ala Moana shoe dept., & was told I had to first go to level 4 & their info dept.............show my passport & then they gave me a slip of paper which I had to show wherever in the store I made a purchase to get the extra 10% off.

Edited: 4:14 am, August 09, 2010