We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu- suggestions for hotels away from Waikiki

New York
Level Contributor
464 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Oahu- suggestions for hotels away from Waikiki

I've been to Oahu many times and always stayed at a hotel near Waikiki beach. Can anyone suggest a romantic (not too many kids) place to go with my husband in March?

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oahu- suggestions for hotels away from Waikiki

I've seen people complain about al the kids at Turtle Bay but when we were ther in October '04 there were very few children. We thought the Turtle Bay was great and loved the North Shore and being away from all the crowds and tall buildings in Waikiki.

Dallas,TXD
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oahu- suggestions for hotels away from Waikiki

My husband and I absolutely love the Ihilani. It was recommended several years ago by another couple. We were with them on Kauai for a business trip and they convinced us to spend two extra days at Ihilani (I think it's owned by Marriott). We've made sure to spend the extra two days EVERY trip since then! It's off the beaten path, has lots of privacy, beautiful grounds, fabulous spa, and walkable beach area...very romantic, we thought...nice sushi too.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Honolulu
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oahu- suggestions for hotels away from Waikiki

Go to Ko Olina resort or Turtle Bay

Hawaii
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oahu- suggestions for hotels away from Waikiki

I agree with the other posts. Turtle Bay resort on the North Shore, or Ko Olina Resort.