We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rose & Crown Bar?

Chicago
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rose & Crown Bar?

This was almost 20 years ago but I remember a bar in Waikiki called Rose & Crown. I remember it had a piano player/singer in it. They would always show Sumo wrestling in it and the drinks were pretty cheap. Anyone know if it is still there? I can't find it on the maps anymore. I alos searched the forum but found nothing.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Rose & Crown Bar?

Nope, I was wrong, it was the Jolly Roger Crow's Nest but it was the Blue Kangaroo ...http://www.blue-kangaroo.com/

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,442 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Rose & Crown Bar?

Hmmm, I think this two year old thread is being kept alive artificially for some reason.

10 of the previous 21 posts are from one time poster who joined, posted that same day they joined, never posted again and most claimed some kind of military affiliation.

And all about a place that closed, what... 15 years ago?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,331 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Rose & Crown Bar?

Sandi

I went to Blue Kangaroo in Kaimuki in early 70's.

They were really funny.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
228 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Rose & Crown Bar?

I remember going to Duke's bar when it was in the Internationa Market. God, I'm old.

Troutdale, Oregon...
4 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Rose & Crown Bar?

I was stationed in Hawaii *Pearl Harbor Submarine Base* on the USS Omaha (SSN 692) from '81-'86. I was one of several guys that made the Rose and Crown our home and sang at the piano with Don Conover and Brent Baughman almost every night of the week. They were the paid entertainers, but we were the floor show. We sang everything from George M. Cohan to REO Speedwagon ! .. And our pariodies of songs were legend !

I met many a world traveler at that piano, and it is what my fondest memories are made from. .. I would love to know what Don and Brent are doing these days !!!

Steven Black

Troutdale, Oregon...
4 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Rose & Crown Bar?

I remember "The Blue Kangaroo" as well. Funny, ribald and just plain dirty songs that made you laugh!!! .. "The Family Show", "The Late Show" and "The Blue Show" .. wonderful memories.

Troutdale, Oregon...
4 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Rose & Crown Bar?

As part of the USS Omaha crew that frequented the Rose and Crown, not only did we sing "Waltzing Matilda" and "Tie Me Kangaroo Down" but also "Advance Australia Fair" and "Oh, Canada". The greatest fun was when our boat hosted the HMAS Onslow on their Hawaii visit, and they returned the favor for us in Freemantle the next year on our WESTPAC deployment of 1983. Spending New Year's Eve in Perth is one of my fondest memories.

Troutdale, Oregon...
4 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Rose & Crown Bar?

Thanks for posting the coffee mug photo. it's great to see the "Rose and Crown" logo again.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,959 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Rose & Crown Bar?

Aloha,

Here is a little info on Don Conover

hawaiiyachtclub.org/news&updates/events-lock…

I could not find out what Brent Baughman is up to.

Looks like you had the best of times in the Islands.

Maybe you should come over for a visit.

Aloha

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Rose & Crown Bar?

I was an air traffic controller at Barbers Point in Hawaii from 79-82. My girlfriend and I used to let our hair down and head to the Rose & Crown to party with Aussies, Kiwis and Canadians. I have stories that my grandchildren must never hear.