We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii Super Transit

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaii Super Transit

Regarding Honolulu Airport Transportation to your hotel

AVOID AVOID AVOID Hawaii Super Transit

You can call them from the airport and they tell you "5 minutes we'll be there. " Well 45 minutes later and 3 calls, they finally arrive.

Then they wont move until the van is full.

We landed at 3pm, didn't arrive at the hotel 4 miles later until 5pm because of these people.

When he finally started moving, he took side streets instead of the major road that everyone else does, then couldn't explain himself to us because of language difficulties. Instead he spent 10 minutes on his cellphone speaking arabic -- we think he was trying to figure out where our 20 story major name hotel was located.

AVOID AVOID AVOID! Hawaii Super Transit

We were taking a taxi and talked to the driver about it and he said that they aren't licensed to pick up from the airport yet they do. I have not been able to verify this one way or another.

So... AVOID Hawaii Super Transit

Other options: Reliable 924-2424

Edited: 7:28 am, April 20, 2010
Beachwalk
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaii Super Transit

1. Re: Hawaii Super Transit

8:33 pm, today

You obviously don't understand how a shuttle works. Let me explain. You wrote:

"You can call them from the airport and they tell you "5 minutes we'll be there. " Well 45 minutes later and 3 calls, they finally arrive".

No kidding! You wait until you arrive during rush hour to call a shuttle?! Always arrange it in advance.

"Then they wont move until the van is full".

That's because they are probably picking up passengers with reservations. Since you did not, and insisted on being picked up 'in five minutes', you had to wait, didn't you?

"We landed at 3pm, didn't arrive at the hotel 4 miles later until 5pm because of these people."

Rush hour, as in most major cities is between 3 and 7 pm.

"When he finally started moving, he took side streets instead of the major road that everyone else does, then couldn't explain himself to us because of language difficulties. Instead he spent 10 minutes on his cellphone speaking arabic -- we think he was trying to figure out where our 20 story major name hotel was located."

The driver was obviously taking side streets because the freeway is gridlock, sherlock! He was doing this to get you there quickly. You also are guessing as to what the driver was talking about, since you already admitted that you couldn't understand the language. SHAME ON YOU!

"We were taking a taxi and talked to the driver about it and he said that they aren't licensed to pick up from the airport yet they do. I have not been able to verify this one way or another".

Your comments are laughable, to say the least. This whole thread smells like an advert for another company. P.U.!!

California
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaii Super Transit

I have a hard time listening to people complain about a shuttle service for A)taking too long for a pick-up, B) taking too long to depart the airport or C) taking too long get you to your destination. The whole point of a shuttle is that it's cheaper because they fill up with as many passengers as they possibly can. If you want quick door-to-door service get a cab. It's not a difficult concept.

montreal
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaii Super Transit

Re: AVOID AVOID AVOID Hawaiian Super Transit.

Well BeachwalkTripGuru, aka Sherlock, you really didn't read my post. The purpose of the post was that the behaviour of this particular shuttle service was different than what I have observed with all of the others I noticed that day.

To answer you specifically:

#1, I didn't insist on 5 minutes. Those are the words from the dispatcher at the shuttle company. It seems very simple to me, if its 20 minutes, then say 20 minutes. Don't say 5 minutes if its not 5 minutes -- that's fair isn't it?

#2 We did not see any evidence of a "rush hour" at the airport nor on the road to Waikiki this particular Monday afternoon. The traffic was light in my opinion, and that could be typical for a Monday I suppose. Its a bit of an ignorant judgment to say he was taking side streets to avoid traffic. You weren't there were you? So I'm not sure your explanation for this strange behaviour is accurate. Furthermore, we never encountered any gridlock or traffic jam on the main highway from the airport to Waikiki. And we did not notice other shuttle companies doing this. We asked him to stay on the main roads. Again the behaviour was different than the other shuttle companies.

#3 By the time the shuttle finally arrived, there were VERY few other passengers. It was a ghost town. But yet he's not going to move? Until the next flight arrives around 6.30? The other shuttle companies were going through picking up single passengers or groups of 2. Again the behaviour was different than the other shuttle companies.

#4 Then finally to top it off, you write that my post is an advert for another company. Again showing that you really didn't read the post. The purpose of the post was to advise folks to avoid a shuttle company that was conducting their business differently than any other company I had observed.

So with that, I repeat. AVOID AVOID AVOID Hawaiian Super Transit.

While we are on the topic. Today I used some other shuttles:

1. Inter Island Express. I thought they were fairly good.

2. Rabi Shuttle. TERRIBLE. AVOID. I notice there are other negative posts about RABI on here, just search for them.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k940577…

4. Re: Hawaii Super Transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, June 21, 2010
5. Re: Hawaii Super Transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 19, 2010