We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must-Do's in Honolulu for late-20's

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Must-Do's in Honolulu for late-20's

My boyfriend and I, will be in Honolulu for 4 days in December, and want to make the most of it. We are beach/pool people during the day, but would also like to explore some volcanic sites, etc. For the evening, does anyone have some recommendations for romantic dinner spots, or places with just plain good food? Are there any shows or nightclubs worth checking out?

Best Seller
Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise by...
122 reviews
from $96.75*
Best Seller
Oahu Grand Circle Island Day Tour...
666 reviews
from $80.31*
Best Seller
Pearl Harbor Tour From Honolulu
182 reviews
from $46.00*
honolulu
Level Contributor
348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must-Do's in Honolulu for late-20's

If you're here on the first Friday of the month, definitely check out First Friday in downtown Honolulu. The galleries are open late & many have new shows opening that night, the cool new bars are happening, and there is usually good entertainment at a few places - and it's all designed to be walkable.

For good food with a 20-something to 40ish crowd, Indigo downtown (fusion-type food, tasty) with its bar, Green Room.

Depends what you want. Do you want a more hip vibe? Really good food? Convenience?

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must-Do's in Honolulu for late-20's

In the evenings you will want to go to dukes at the outrigger, it is where the action centers, fun place good food, music. Also the mai tai bar at the royal hawaiian is a nice place to hang out a while and the moana outdoor bar under the banyan tree is nice. The shows available are not for the 20's crowd. I also always reccomend the sunset cocktail cruises, fun crowd, fun trip

http://nahokuii.com/index.shtml

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must-Do's in Honolulu for late-20's

Definately recommend Duke's, we had a blast... the drinks are not pricey and the food is pretty decent. And I would check out the W Honolulu for a night spot, it's happening every Friday and Saturday night.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must-Do's in Honolulu for late-20's

My husband and I are in our late 20s and lived on Oahu for a year, and I have to second Indigo. Very funky, and good food. And it sounds like it would be cheesey, but the Mai Tai bar at Ala Moana Mall is a very popular bar. As far as romantic, any of the three restaurants at the Halekulani are excellent.

As far as "volcanic sites," Oahu doesn't really have many. The only active volcanos in Hawaii are on the Big Island. You can hike Diamond Head, which is a steam vent crater and offers beautiful views from the top.