We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Topic
Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

Hi,

Any recommendation for a beach front hotel in Waikiki beach? This is our first time in Hawaii and I want to surf the waves! Thanks

Appreciate your responses

Ernel

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,903 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

You could check out Outrigger Reef. They are beach-front and I've seen special rates starting at $159/night.

In that price range though, most hotels would not be actually on the beach, but a few blocks inland. -suze

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

You can check out the Wizardpub review site:

http://www.wizardpub.com/oahu/oahaerials.html

They give you a decent idea of prices and if you click the link for a specific hotel, it gives you an aerial photo, so you can see how close it is to the beach. Scroll down on that page to see the Waikiki hotels.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

Suze's right I think both Outrigger Reef and Outrigger Waikiki have the 159.00 a night special both are beachfront but your room will not be oceanview if that matters.

Waikiki Circle Hotel is not beachfront but directly across the street with no hotel in front of it and you can get a oceanfront room with killer beach views for under a 150.00 a night.

Edited: 3:46 pm, March 04, 2010
California
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

The City View rooms at Outrigger Reef are now $169, and Outrigger Waikiki lowest rate is $189. We do get emails from them but the prices are the same as quoted on their websites. I still think it's a really good deal for an oceanfront hotel. We really enjoyed out stay at the Outrigger Reef last November and are going back in April. Good luck with your search!

toledo,OH
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

We stayed at Outrigger Maile Sky Court several years ago for under a $100. It's two/three blocks from the beach though. So maybe it's too far for what you're looking for. I think that what the pp quoted you is probably the cheapest you're going to find.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
580 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

Outrigger Reef on the Beach and Waikiki on the Beach.....both hotels on the beach..GREAT locations.......though for $159 your room would be a city view. I loved both......though Reef was a bit nicer.....I did not care about the city view at all..never in the room!

WAikiki is a better location..nicer beach

Reef..was quieter.......nicer pool area.

so..........depends on what you like!

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
576 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

I am actually in the same dilemma, my husband and I want to go in September. I've been looking at a few hotels that are not ON the beach, but right across the street and I believe they are actually cheaper then the Outrigger's. Here are some of the ones I am looking into on Expedia.com:

Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel $112/night

Aston Waikiki Beach $124/night (FREE BREAKFAST)

Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel $86/night (FREE BREAKFAST)

Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel $125/night

Pacific Beach Hotel $127/night

Hope my suggestions help and good luck planning your trip!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

Those last suggestions are all good although Waikiki Sand Villa is not acroos the street from the beach it is off Kuhio near the Ali Wai Canal.

Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

Thanks for all those who responded, Your suggestions are very helpful. With all your help, I am sure we are going to enjoy our stay in Hawaii even just for a day. Thanks a bunch

10. Re: Beach Front Hotels in Waikiki Around $100-150/day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 02, 2010