We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Buffet in Waikiki?

Pacific Northwest
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Best Buffet in Waikiki?

My family and I will be on vacation and staying in Waikiki for a week. We understand buffet there is not as popular as that in Las Vegas. Any good buffet in Waikiki? Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Buffet in Waikiki?

We loved the oceanfront Shorebird at the Reef Hotel.

We had the breakfast buffet there every day.

We got the half price coupon out of the local newspaper.

There are 25% off coupons in all the coupon books.

They had waiters and bus people that were so nice that we were happy to leave a tip for their assistance. Wow did they treat us like royalty when we went back.

They changed the breakfast menu a bit every day.

Great view of the ocean and Diamond Head.

hastings mn.
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Buffet in Waikiki?

As the uy further down stated We enjoy the sShore Bird buffet. The food is more thanadequate selection is very good and the view is really beautiful. Look for coupns in the paper or ifyou eat there once they usually give you a coupon for your next visit aLSO.All things considered, price varaity view and staff I think you will find it very enjoyable and a good value.Aloha

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Buffet in Waikiki?

It depends on the time of day that you want to access a buffet meal. The Oceanarium at Pacific Beach Hotel has Saturday and Sunday brunch from 10am - 2.30pm (cost $21.95) and a nightly buffet from 4.30-10pm (cost $34.95- kids about half price at each buffet). One of the best quality evening buffet meals is at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani's Pikake Terrace from 5pm- 10pm (cost approx $39.US). Absolute quality and amazing variety, and someone told us he had used a 'buy one get one free' coupon for this buffet. If you want to check it out, just walk through the courtyard area of the hotel any night and peruse the standard of food. You will be impressed.

Smorgy's has been mentioned - I think breakfast is about $6.90, Dinner is $12.95 and lunch costs somewhere in between. This is a good, solid family buffet with ample and diverse dishes to please most tastes.

I know it's not buffet, but you have to get to the Blue Water Shrimp truck off Lewers - their garlic shrimp (cost $12.95 but $2 off with coupon) is a must-not-miss experience.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,671 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Buffet in Waikiki?

Hi, I would agree that the buffet at the Pacific Baeach is good (and it is a little on the pricey side-- but good is good) and the aquarium is the highlight.. For just plain old food value, I'd go to Perry's.. Remember, no one does buffets like vegas!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Buffet in Waikiki?

another vote for Shorebird!!!

good food, good value, wonderful wait staff and killer views as well.

Burnaby BC
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Best Buffet in Waikiki?

I was just there last weekend, and I highly recommend that you AVOID Perry's Smorgie.

Yucko!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Best Buffet in Waikiki?

We find it hard to believe that anybody would pay $22.00 for a brunch or $35.00 for dinner! Not unless that included a lot of drinks and zip lock bags for left overs! How in the world can you eat that much food?[/\]

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best Buffet in Waikiki?

Did they move these coupons to the Sunday papers? I always got a few Friday papers to stock up on these as I love Shorebird any time of day or night...if I don't use them all, I give them to someone checking into the Outrigger Reef to enjoy.

19. Re: Best Buffet in Waikiki?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 27, 2009