We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
trip report

just returned from an awesome 17 days in beautiful hawaii..spent first 5 days at the miramar..great buffet breakfast, also in a great location..property backs on to the international marketplace..close to everything...had supper at dukes first night..we went there several times!!!!!loved dukes!!!!spent a day at the polnesian cultural centre..loved their luau(really crowded) and their show at the end..great day.....we did snuba at hanuma bay (while this was okay i think we would have seen the same thing snorkelling)took the roberts hawaii tour to pearl harbour and punchbowl cemetary..a great tour...took a dinner cruise on the navatek..totally not worth the money, crammed in like sardines, terrible service, lousy food, show wasn't that great.....that was the first five days..we then took a seven day cruise with norwegian....the only positive thing i'll say about this cruiseship..what a grwat way to see the islands for a first time visitor to hawaii..we had a balcony room which was really nice....we loved maui....watched the sunrise up at halekala and then rode the bike down to the bottom..that was so much fun and one of our favorite things we did...went to a luau in old lahina, that was okay....did volcano tour in hilo, very interesting, got to see the lava flow from our balcony on the ship....did the zodiac in kona, snorkelling was awesome, the water was so clear, did the helicopter in kuaui, that was so awesome...helicopter took us over the whole island of kuaui..we then rented a car and drove around the island....nice.......back to honolulu..spent the last five nights in the ilikai thru aloha condos..what an awesome place..we loved staying there.....took a drive up to the northshore, spent the night in the car and went on the shark encounter 6 a.m...i was a little nervous at first, but i got over it ans it was pretty cool..lots of sharks came right over to the boat..we saw so many of them..a great experience..also saw a sea turtle on one of the north shore's beautiful beaches...that was cool too..spent some time on waikiki beach..hubby took a surf lesson, we also did the outrigger canoe ride..fun,fun,fun.....saw the society of seven at the outrigger, great show, we enjoyed supper at the top of waikiki..get there before 6 and you can have a sunset special for 15 bucks...also loved house without a key, orchids, dukes and cheesecake factory.....got a nice gift from ABC, only spent 300 hundred bucks there..wish that was all i spent on shopping.....had a marvelous time and i can't wait to go back..had almost perfect weather, rained one morning for a few hours...and one whole day when we came back from the cruise.....our favorite islands are oahu and maui......came to hawaii to celebrate my 50th birthday..can't wait to go back and thanks to all at ta who helped me plan my awesome hawaiin vacation......p.s...boy does it suck to be home...right now there's some snow with a temp of 12 degrees farenheit or -11 celsius..yes it's a little cool out there

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,575 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report

Nice trip report.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report

Great to hear you had a fantastic holiday :-)

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,388 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report

I'm exhausted but I think it's from the lack of periods in the report. LOL

Level Contributor
38,277 posts
1,004 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report

Sounds like you had a great time in Hawaii, our daughther just returned from a week in Honolulu and had a wonderful time. :)

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report

wow!!!!

sounds like a great time!! I have heard lots of negativity about NCCL's Hawaii cruise,how come?

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Victoria, B.C.
Level Contributor
146 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip report

"...some snow and 12 degrees F or -11 C..." ~ in Acapulco?

7. Re: trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 16, 2009