We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendations for waikiki restaurants

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nc
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
recommendations for waikiki restaurants

We will be in Waikiki for 8 days before visiting Maui. I would love to hear all recommendations for unforgettable dining. We are a family of three, with a 7 year old. We have decided on one night, need help with other nights. We perfer oceanfront or oceanview, open air dining. Would also enjoy hawaiian music. I've heard about the HOUSE WITOUT A KEY, this sounds perfect. Any other restaurants, like this one?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendations for waikiki restaurants

On the left side of this page is a topic: "Restaurants". Click on this and you will find over 1000 restaurant reviews for Honolulu, along with a map for locations. Give it a go, and I'm sure you will get many ideas. Chuck...

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendations for waikiki restaurants

cheesecake factory has great food and great selection, we loved dukes at the outrigger, top of waikiki is very good, get there before 6p.m. and you can order their sunset specials, we went to house without a key and enjoyed that and also went to orchids which was really nice and very good food..also roys is supposed to be good, the shorebird at the outrigger reef

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommendations for waikiki restaurants

The Hau Tree Lanai at the New Otani is open air and right on the beach. I don't remember them having music, but it's very nice.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,896 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommendations for waikiki restaurants

As mentioned the Hau Tree Lani is great, Michele's at the Colony Surf, Hula Grill, the Banyan Court at the Moana Surfrider, Moana Terrace at the Waikiki Marriott and the Surf Room at the Royal Hawaiian (if you are there when the Royal has reopened).

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommendations for waikiki restaurants

There are tons of posts similar to yours, so scroll down though the posts over the past few months.

FYI - House Without a Key is primarily appetizers and drinks with a very few dinner options. Check their website before you go. Great view, music, etc.

Turlock, California
Level Contributor
204 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommendations for waikiki restaurants

We just returned from our vacation in Waikiki and really enjoyed Dukes (call for a reservation--table by the rail). My children also enjoyed Tanaka of Toyko (teppanyaki)at Kings Alley. A must is House Without a Key at the Halekulani for sunset beverages and entertainment. Enjoy!

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,103 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommendations for waikiki restaurants

Dukes is a fun place to go with just average food. Kind of like a Chili's or Benigans but with a great view. The Shorebird at the Outrigger Reef is kind of a mix of a bar and restaurant. The fun part for us is to have a few mai-tai's while you cook your own steak, chicken, etc. on an outdoor grill. Again right on the water and great views. I wouldn't consider either of these "unforgettable dining."

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: recommendations for waikiki restaurants

I certainly would not put Duke's in the same catagory as Chili's or Benigans! It (Duke's) is owned by T.S. Restaurants; they specialize in fresh fish (of course!). Great salad bar. Great Hula Pie.

And make reservations.

I think there are about 15 T.S. Restaurants - some in California. So if you see Leilani's or Hula or Kimos ... Keoki's (Kauai) - they are all part of the Duke's family. Not cheap -- but not pretentious either. Check their website for menus.

Duke's also served an excellent breakfast, as does Hula Grill next door.

FYI - Try the crab/macadamia nut wontons!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: recommendations for waikiki restaurants

mY 8 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER LOVES SHOREBIRD AT THE OUTRIGGER REEF...music(live) throughout dinner.also Dukes Canoe Club is nice...ask to sit by the rail.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: recommendations for waikiki restaurants

Tip: Book an ocean front table at Ocean House. We did that with a party of 9 including a 7 and 9 year old and the sunst view was awesome, they were hospitable to the kids and the food was really great.

The reviews on trip advisor aren't super stellar, but some of the bad reviewers sound like PITA (pain in the ... )people. You don't go somewhere like this and expect to be on a soy diet....