We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to store luggage in Waikiki

sydney, australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Where to store luggage in Waikiki

Will be arriving at Honolulu airport at 6.45 a.m. and can't check into our privately owned condo until 12 noon, any suggestions as to where we could store our luggage in Waikiki until this time because the front desk at the condo will not allow us to leave our luggage with them.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,866 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to store luggage in Waikiki

Here is one option. It would probably take an hour or so to clear customs so 8am is about the right time:

There is a baggage storage at or near the Honolulu Airport.

Open 7 days a week from 8am - 10pm

24 hour pick up & delivery on approved reservation

$20 for up to 4 bags

They will provide free transportation to Pearl Harbor.

Another option:

Even though you will have traveled all night, if you rent a car, you could go directly to USS Arizona Memorial. Bags are fairly safe in the trunk of you car there (don't open the trunk in the USS Arizona parking lot). Or you can check them at their baggage check in for about $3 - $4 each.

Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to store luggage in Waikiki

.... am I missing something here.

I don't understand why upon arrival at your "privately owned condo", you can't enter and take a deep breath to realize that finally you are home in Hawaii and/or at your winter home.

Unless, you are part of a time share, with a building manager of some sort, I am sure, as an part-time owner, some kind of accomodations can be had. Who's occupying your condo that you can't get in until 12 noon?

I am missing something here ........

"Live Aloha"

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to store luggage in Waikiki

Im tipping its pivately owned, but not by the op. Maybe rented thru vrbo or the like?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to store luggage in Waikiki

Watto2 I have also experienced this same scenario after a Jetstar flight from Sydney - couple of options I have done are to either travel to the apartment complex by taxi (about 1/2 hour that time of day) and ask apartment management to store/hold your bags until the room was ready or alternatively I hired a car while in Hawaii and went shopping for a couple of hours (Ala Moana shopping centre does breakfast). Another option is to book the apartment for an additional day to ensure that it is available immediatly upon arrival.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to store luggage in Waikiki

There are baggage storage lockers at the Ala Moana shopping centre, $8.00 maximum per day for a medium and $10.00 for a large [they are emptied at midnight]. They take $1.00 and $5.00 bills. The medium size locker was big enough for my maximum size carry-on. Ask at the information centre between the food court and stage for locations. The Ala Moana Center is easily accessible from the airport by bus and also from Waikiki. There is a satellite city hall office at the centre where you can get further bus information and buy bus passes.

Level Contributor
47,267 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to store luggage in Waikiki

I'd just head to a park or the beach... depending what part of Waikiki your condo is in either Fort de Russey or Kapiolani. Both parks have picnic areas, snack bars, public restrooms. By the time you get from the airport to town, you're probably only talking 3-4 hours of time to kill. Have one person sit with the luggage, the other go get some food & drinks and have a picnic.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to store luggage in Waikiki

I'm sure the OP meant he is renting a privately owned condo from someone else, and they can't check in until noon (which is actually quite early--most places have a check-in of 3-4 pm). I'm guessing there is someone checking out that day, and they need time to clean before the OP checks in.

8. Re: Where to store luggage in Waikiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 14, 2009