We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

2 weeks in march was not enough. Why cant life be one long vacation?!

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

I so agree! We only got back from Hawaii on Monday and I wish we were still there. Of course, to go along with the endless vacation, I would want endless money (or else for everything to be free)!!.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
554 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

You never get over wanting to go back. Trust me. Awaiting my 17th time back :)

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

Seventeen times! That blows my mind......I could do that, just haven't, yet. I am awaiting #4. My neighbor is going to Oahu in October, for a week. They did a cruise in 2001 and didn't see much with such short times per island. I am always telling her she doesn't know how much she missed. I am offering my help for their Oct. trip....They don't have a computer and so far she has been ignoring my advice to get the Oahu Revealed book. She says she got a AAA book. Well I know what those are....hotel listings are some basic facts about Oahu. They had a choice between the Outrigger Reef and the Outrigger on the Beach, and I told them.....do the O on the Beach even if you have to drop down a room category to keep it the same price as the Reef(Partial ocean view). Told her about the rocky waters at the Reef and the construction at that end, and the prime location at the O on the Beach. Soooooooo, what did they choose? The Reef!!!

I told her I'd bring my "Book" over so she could read the reviews on the 2 places. No, she didn't want to read it.

People like this.....aren't planners. Jeez, do I sound like I'm making this my problem or what??!!

Northern California
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

Me, toooooooooooo!!!

So frustrating...we've been home 2 1/2 weeks and I keep dreaming of Hawaii...

LA/OC
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

Be careful what you wish for...

It may come More true than you previously wished for...

My friends, you crack me up!

Lanikai... been looking for you. Check out website: (alohaworld.com) and browse uder the "ono recipes" page. I frequent here and when you mentioned of opening up your own eats place possibly in Philly one day, I thought about you & this website. (I can't get over this thing called spam-getti) LOL!

Pattie... some folks are just aku-head pupule from the get-go. No sense of direction and purpose no matter how hard one may try to help each other out...

Gee... maybe I should take one of you along with me next time I go back?... (Just got off the phone with my folks last night and they were wondering if I could stop by and watch their house again, as they will be gone for another month's time traveling the world again. They do this to me all the time now since having been retired some 15 years ago. Like I can just drop anchor there back at home with our properties, and with my businesses here on the mainland. I think they are trying to beat my uncles million-mile frequent flyer's club status.) Maybe I should rent out their house while they're gone? Just kidding! They would kill me, if I did such.

Did you see that poster's comments from Texas replying as to what to do on Oahu? And this person says that 2 days is plenty time to see & do everything there on Oahu... Talk about purpose in life and no sense of vacation...

Northern California
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

Paradisetrekker...

What a shame you have to take care of your businesses on the mainland! Wanted to let you know that *I*, in the spirit of humanity and out of the goodness of my heart, would be HAPPY to stay at your parent's house for a month. I'm a giver... :)

Seriously, what a great opportunity! GO FOR IT!

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

Hey, paradise trecker- your aku-head pupule remark reminded me of Aku, the radio personality in Hawaii who went by that name. Surely you're not old enough to remember him? My folks listened to him every morning. I think they still introduce the news on KGMB radio with is old "coconut wireless" theme.

And sunset, I'm with you. Every once in a while the hubby says maybe we should try someplace new for our vacation- we really can't do more than one good one a year- but it's hard not to go back toa place that always feels like my other home.

LA/OC
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

Unfortunately yes I am Lady MacJack. Does my age give you away? (I try not to show it.) You in Muir Woods or Yosemite this weekend?

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

We leave for Berkeley Tuolumne Family Camp near Yosemite on Monday. We have a young Spanish student stayig with us and have been showing her all the local sights, and now she'll get to see her first view of Yosemite!

Sounds like we're about the same (unnamed) age...

Hazel Park, Michigan
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I Wanna Go To Hawaii!!

I wish life could be one long vacation in Hawaii!! I go for that idea 100000%!!!