We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any shopping advice please??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Any shopping advice please??

I will be in Honolulu 6-11 August with my husband and 2 teenage girls and would like some current advice on best places to shop. I know about Ala Moana and am interested to go to Waikele Outlets. Where would you head first? Does Macy's or any other stores have sales in August?? Is there anywhere else in Waikiki that we shouldn't miss. We are mainly looking for girls stuff like clothes, shoes,bags cosmetics etc. and we love a bargain. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,678 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any shopping advice please??

Hi type in :shopping" in the search facility and you will gets lots of advice !

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any shopping advice please??

You might find the tail end of some sales in August, but most stores in the States are having their big sales right now. Where you start or end depends on you. You can find great bargains at Waikele, but sometimes you have to really take the time to hunt through the junk to find good stuff. Ala Moana will probably be your best bet with your daughters, especially since all the back-to-school stuff will be out then. One place to check would be Old Navy. It's not the highest quality stuff, but it's fairly trendy and very cheap.

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,678 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any shopping advice please??

Our local Macy's seems to have a sale every week. I'm sure you'll hit one.

Tucson, AZ
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any shopping advice please??

a very cool place to shop for souvenirs is the International Marketplace. If you love to bargain/haggle on prices this is the place to go. local island items and clothing are available there and it is really a neat place to find unique gifts/items. We loved it. Have fun!!

5. Re: Any shopping advice please??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:47 am, April 07, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any shopping advice please??

Hey WoniOZ we will be in Waikiki from the 14th August.....please leave some bargains for us to buy!!! lol.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any shopping advice please??

Thanks everyone for your advice. I'll report back on our shopping expeditions when we get home.

australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any shopping advice please??

We just returned last week and the shopping is fabulous. We were very lucky as the sales were on, but with the Aussie dollar now it is good value even if you are paying full price. We found everything was MUCH cheaper than in Australia.

I bought mostly the bigger ticket items eg handbags, shoes and even a ball gown and saved alot of money. My husband and kids got heaps of surf gear, if you have girls the roxy range is huge and again much cheaper.

Good Luck you will all have a great time.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any shopping advice please??

Hi asc - thanks for the update. We are getting so excited. Can I ask you where you felt the shopping was best? Did you go to Waikele outlet? Did you find the shops in Waikiki good? Are they still open until late at night? My girls are 14 and 17 and are hanging out for the shopping at the end of our trip (we have 6 nights on Kauai first).

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any shopping advice please??

Alla Moana is the best for shopping, but make sure that you plan your visit there. Get a map of the centre, you will find a Alla Moana magazine on the streets in Waikiki, and plan where you want to go. It is so big you will need a few visits. We went twice and still missed out on a few shops because we ran out of time.

Macys is in Waikiki but it is undergoing refurbishment, but it does have the basics- makeup etc.

The main street in Waikiki is great but is mainly high end shopping, I did manage to get a few sale items in some of these stores. I really loved coach a leather goods store, sort of like oroton in Australia. There is a coach store everywhere you look in Waikiki, the bags and accessories are great and very good quality.

Also go onto the internet and check out their websites before you go. They were a very good indication of what will be availble in the stores.

Check Coach, J-crew, Gap, Banana Republic, True religion jeans just to name a few.

Have fun, we really enjoyed ourselves!!

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
;