We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii Cruise on NCL 's Pride of America

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
miami
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaii Cruise on NCL 's Pride of America

I'm turning to the most honest and informative trip review forum around for help! We'll be going on a 7 day cruise around the Hawaiian islands in Nov. 2005 on NCL's new Pride of America. Would appreciate any feedback on this cruise, the ship itself and the best way to see the islands while on the cruise. Also the best things to see on the islands. Many thanks in advance.

New York City
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaii Cruise on NCL 's Pride of America

the first round-trip Hawaiian islands cruise on Pride of America starts July 23rd. A week later you should start to see reviews online. You may want to do a search of "cruise message boards"

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaii Cruise on NCL 's Pride of America

I have no first hand experience with NCL or cruises in Hawaii. Suggest, though, you go to Richard Sullivan's www.discoveringhawaii.com site. He's published excellent guide books on Oahu and on Maui/Molokai that are very well-researched and accurate. He has an article on his website re NCL's Pride of Aloha shakedown cruise that may give you pause.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaii Cruise on NCL 's Pride of America

2108, we sail on the 6th, POAm. Will write a review when we return. Lisa

Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaii Cruise on NCL 's Pride of America

You might remember that the Regis and Kelly show recently aired live from the NCL Pride of America for one week. A girlfriend of mine won a pair of tickets for the free trip. It was the maiden voyage for the Pride of America.

I would hate to cause you any added anxiety for your upcoming trip, but you did ask for hones advice... They said that it was a horrible experience (even being a free vacation).

When they arrived to their room, it was filthy. NCL allowed their staff to sleep in the rooms prior to the departure. They said that the bathroom was disgusting. There was urine and pubic hair on the toilet seat. When they called for assistance getting their room cleaned, they were to wait. The problem was that the were not the only ones complaining and the newly hired staff was completely overwhelmed with the requests. My girlfriend ended up cleaning it herself.

As the trip went on, unfortunately the service didn't get any better. The food (which is usually great on crusies) wasn't anything to write home about. But most concerning to them was the poor service that they received from beginning to end. Each request that they had from cleaning their room to extra towels went unanswered. They said that for all seven days passengers on the ship were simply amazed with the lack of attention and service that they received.

I am hopeful that NCL used their maiden voyage as a learning opportunity. I however after hearing the stories of their maiden voyage would never risk spending the money only to be treated like a second class citezen. I have cruised Royal Caribbean and Princess and have been very pleased with the level of service. Best of luck to you....