We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowded in September?

California
Level Contributor
638 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Crowded in September?

Is Waikiki crowded around mid september? How is the weather during septemeber?

We'll be on our honeymoon and was hopping that it isn't overly crowded in sep. We'll be staying at Outrigger on the beach. Hope the hotel si work the money. $200+ a night for that hotel isn't overpaying is it?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Crowded in September?

Call the 800 number for Outriggers. They are excellent and you will get a better price most of the time than travelocity or expedia. Also there are city side rooms taken on expedia and travelocity. The only place is cheaper is some other dot coms I have not heard of. Also, if you are willing to get cityside, At least in September, they will automatically upgrade you to the ocean view. Our rooms for end of August are 210 and that is cheaper than the web. Also requested higher floor with express elevator. If you want ocean front you will pay double, but you may have some room to haggle over the price. They do that on the phone. Also you can change it up to three days before you schedule arrival. So if you find cheaper rates you can get it. Have a good time. And do not book too many things. Probably a circle tour is good, because they stop by things you would miss. We rented a car for the 10 days we were there last time. What a waste we could have took four tours for the price of that car which either sat in the garage or was the cause of our arguments, trying to find one street with a slightly different spelling than another. There were a lot of one ways around the hotels. Once you are on the freeway, it is fine, but boy is it hard to find the freeway. Check on the price for the car rental and parking--add it up and check on the tours you want and see if it cost efficient. It is $28 to rent taxi from airport to hotel or take a shuttle for 8 to 10 one way or 14 around trip. Shuttle is a pain if there is a lot of people to be dropped of--can take one or more hours, but if you have a real late flight going home, sitting on bus isn't too bad.

Washington
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Crowded in September?

I have gone the last couple years in September and it's been perfect! I hear it's a great time to go. This year we are thinking November. How is November in compared to September weather and crowd wise?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Crowded in September?

Sept.'s great - weather wise and less crowds. Most of the kids are back in school, but there still are those little crying folks under 5. When you check-in to your hotel, ask if you have access to all of the outriggeer properties, i.e. pools!