We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in March Weather question

San Francisco
1 post
Save Topic
Visiting in March Weather question

Know before you go section of this site says that Rainy season is from Feb to May, How is 1st week of March weather-wise ? Any inputs are appreciated.

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in March Weather question

Hey There CA.

It's reallly hard to predict what the weather will be like. Since, nobody has responded I'd try doing a general search for weather history reports in Oahu. Also, I found this article for you and thought I'd share:

It rains about 22” per year but even when it rains, is lasts for a few minutes and then the beautiful Hawaiian sun continues to shine and there is always a pleasurable trade wind. That is all just part of Oahu-Hawaii weather. It is never cold in Oahu except on higher mountain elevations. The warmest and driest part of Oahu is the southwest coast. The northeast coast is wetter. The following is a snapshot of Oahu -Hawaii weather. What I always do when I go on vacation is start checking the weather reports about 2wks in advance just to see what were looking at.

Try this website as well:

discover-oahu.com/Oahu-Hawaii-weather.html

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting in March Weather question

Here is another link with averages broken down month by month:

weather.com/weather/…

Hawaii
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting in March Weather question

JAM11 is right. Weather is definitely unpredictable. Most of Jan and beginning of Feb was crap. The past week has been gorgeous. We're talking rain wise. It didn't rain much at all last winter, but the winter before that it rained for 40+ days in a row. From what I've seen, this has been a pretty wet winter so far. I guess I didn't really answer anything. Sorry.

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
89 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting in March Weather question

It depends on where you are staying. Waikiki doesn't have to many heavy showers in the spring. It usually sprinkles every day. Temperature wise it'll "probably" be in the low 80's or high 70's - again that is if you are in Waikiki. It rains a lot more on the windward side of the island and is several degrees cooler. But who knows what Mother Nature will spring on us. Still walking around in shorts and tank tops - all year!

5. Re: Visiting in March Weather question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 17, 2009