We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Market to stay until next year

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
International Market to stay until next year

For good or bad I just heard it announced on Aloha Radio. It was scheduled for September but will now wait until after the holidays.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: International Market to stay until next year

I spent last week in Waikiki (May 14-21). I sat and talked to the Coconut Lady (she paints coconuts to be sent through the US mail). She said that IMP has to give the venders 4 months notice, which hasn't been given yet.

I'm hoping that the few Artists (Coconut lady, tiki carvers, etc...), that create and sell their goods won't be priced/kicked out of the "New Improved" IMP.

Michigan
Level Contributor
405 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: International Market to stay until next year

Hi Pattie....we will be leaving in about 2 1/2 weeks....getting real excited....cant wait.

any plans for you to return?

Waikiki
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: International Market to stay until next year

About one third of the vendors are now gone, and the rest have to be out at end of August. But have no fear. Dukes Lane is going to stay. The theater beside it is gone and a few new shops are going in the space along with a California Pizza Kitchen restaurant. Plans for the new International Market Place are really nice, with a stream running through it and boardwalk of shops and food.

…about.com/library/…blmarket_place_plans.htm