We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Resaurant - 10 yr anniv.

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
indiana
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Resaurant - 10 yr anniv.

My wife and I will be travling to Oahu for our 10 year anniverary the first week of October. While there I am surprising her with a new wedding ring (much bigger!). I am looking for suggestions of a romantic restaurant where I can do this. I would prefer something romantic with a great view. I dont care about how fancy it is or how expensive it is I am more concerned about it being romantic and a good view.

Any other suggestions?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,268 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Romantic Resaurant - 10 yr anniv.

The Kahala is a little bit away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki. We ate at Hoku in 2006 and it was excellent food and superb service. Beautiful wall of windows looking out a the ocean. Simple and elegant decor. Go to get there before sunset--walk around a little. We were rushed and did not get the chance.

It and Alan Wong's on King Street were the best food we had on Oahu (Wong's not romantic enuf for this dinner but try it if you get a chance!).

underwater
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Romantic Resaurant - 10 yr anniv.

We spent our 11th anniversary at Hau Tree Lanai last month. Our table was directly on Sans Souci beach which is quieter than the main part of Waikiki Beach. We had a very romantic beachfront sunset view from under the shade of a huge hau tree. They have a sun shade that they put up for your comfort and take it down just as the sun is about to set. It is in the New Otani Kamaina hotel (not quite sure of the exact name) which is across from Kapiolani park just past the zoo. An added plus, was the 2 for 1 pricing with the entertainment card. The food was excellent, prices reasonable for a beachfront fine dining restaurant, I had a fresh fish entree around $30,, and they brought out a beautiful special anniversary dessert with a candle. The service was very good, there are several people waiting on your table including a separate sommelier who really knows his wines. Happy Anniversary.

13. Re: Romantic Resaurant - 10 yr anniv.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:25 am, September 10, 2009