We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ali'i Tower or Diamond Head Tower?

Pensacola
1 post
Save Topic
Ali'i Tower or Diamond Head Tower?

My wife and I plus two kids (ages 15 and 12) are going to Oahu 1 - 9 Oct for vacation. We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and was wondering which tower to stay in the Ali'i Tower or Diamond Head Tower. I know that the Ali'i tower is nicer but I believe the view from the Diamond Head Tower is better. You can see the ocean and the events around the super pool, in the Ali'i you look over the Army hotel. I have stayed here twice but always in the Tapa Tower. Please advise. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
152 Reviews
Oahu, HI
UK
Level Contributor
119 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ali'i Tower or Diamond Head Tower?

I have only stayed at the Alii tower but enjoyed it so much I am returning in 4 weeks - So I will give you my thoughts on the Alii tower.....

Has its own check in (the regular lines at HHV can get very long- when we checked in at Alii tower last year it took 5 mins or less.

Views from Alii tower are categories as Garden (overlooking the foliage - possibly the penguins etc) Partial ocean view - overlooking superpool & part of the beach (great for viewing the friday night fireworks) and Ocean view (direct view of ocean & possibly Diamond head) ROH (run of house) - who knows what you will get - it will be pot-luck

There are added extras at Alii tower which can be nice as people often complain of being nickel & dimed at HHV: At Alii you get: Free coffee & Water, maid service 3 times a day - in afternoon they leave ice & you get an evening turndown service with flowers on the bed! I found the rooms to be spacious with a seperate dressing area a sitting area by patio door & outside seating (2 chairs & small table)

The Alii tower has its own pool & jacuzzi & sun terrace - great if you have struggled in the past to get a spot at the superpool - However my impression of the Alii tower is that it is less targeted to families - I Saw very few children around & in general they were older (teens etc) there is also a Small gym

Alii tower is short walk to beach so very convienient

Let me know if you have further questions

Mentioned in this post
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
152 Reviews
Oahu, HI
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ali'i Tower or Diamond Head Tower?

You can get ocean front rooms in the Ali'i Tower. We stayed there a couple of years ago and the view from the room and balcony was wonderful.

Glenview, Illinois
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ali'i Tower or Diamond Head Tower?

We just came back from the HHV and we stayed on the 29th floor in an oceanview room in the Rainbow Tower. We had a great view of the ocean and Diamond Head, and the city lights at night were beautiful!! The patio had new furniture it was a great place to enjoy the view and a drink. Oh, and we loved the flat screen TV! You can't see the pool, but we didn't care, we have pools in Chicago! We wanted to see the ocean.

Ask the staff when you check-in. When we got there we were given a choice between Rainbow and Diamond Head Towers. Two different people said to go with Rainbow. I don't know if all the good rooms in Diamond Head were gone, but that was their advise to us and we took it.

Mentioned in this post
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
152 Reviews
Oahu, HI