We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Honolulu

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Honolulu

I am looking for a nice clean hotel in the honolulu area for about $ 50 a night that is not filled with rift raft and undesirables. Thanks for any help. eric

Oahu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Honolulu

Good luck!

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Honolulu

Sorry, but the things you mentioned not wanting......you will most definitely get for 50 dollars a night.

Consider adding 100 dollars and you "might" find a place.

Check out the Ohana Beachcomber....it is a very decent hotel, not far from the beach, with a good location. Depending on what time of year you are going, they may have some decent special rates.

www.ohanahotels.com

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Honolulu

I think you need to go to a place like Barstow for prices like that. You should be able to do something for around a $100, check out the Aquas, the seem cheap.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,173 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Honolulu

The rooms in the older building w/out air-conditioning at The Royal Grove.

Burbank, California
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Honolulu

ha ha ha BARSTOW now thats funny trade Palm trees for Joshua Trees and theres plenty of sand.

You definitely need to re-evaluate your budget Vs your needs. reading your other posts Hawaii is not the Manila.

Tampa
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Honolulu

During my internet searches I found that room prices for the Royal Grove Hotel were pretty cheap. Their "category 1" lists rooms starting at $66 a night.

www.royalgrovehotel.com/rooms_frameset.html

Anybody have any reviews on this hotel?

Oahu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Honolulu

For $50 dollars a day you might try the YMCA hostels. This is Hawaii and it's expensive to live here and hotels are equally as expensive. Reality check here.

Pittsburgh,PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Honolulu

get a job with hilton and you can stay at a doubletree for $39...lol

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Honolulu

Sorry Hess, but you are getting real honest opinions here. You truly cannot find a hotel that is decent for around 50 dollars in Hawaii.

If you do, it will be bad news. My thoughts are that you will not enjoy Hawaii very much if you are swatting at bugs and fending off riff-raff. If at all possible, maybe you could plan on a bit more per night.

If you can, you'll be much happier.

toledo,OH
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels in Honolulu

Tent on the beach? Ohana Maile Sky Court was always resonable. I believe less than $80.