We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poi Donuts

Springfield...
Level Contributor
185 posts
Poi Donuts

Does anyone know if there are any places other than the Kamehameha Bakery to buy the purple poi donuts? My daughter wants to try one when we are in Honolulu next week and we're staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village so we'd have to take a taxi to the this particular bakery so wanted to see if there is anything closer to our hotel. Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
1. Re: Poi Donuts

Liliha bakery sells a poi donut and they have a location at the Ala Moana mall inside the Macy's .... at least they used to. I'd call first to be sure it's still there.

I have had the Poi Donut at King Kamehameha Bakery and it was worth the drive ... but I always have a car.

It would be a long taxi ride.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
185 posts
2. Re: Poi Donuts

Thank you, I will check out that website for the locations.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
56,429 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Poi Donuts

Both of you should try a malasada too. Theses are Portugese donuts. The best in the state will be found at Leonard's, an easy drive right outside of Waikiki.

Yes ,the Liliha Bakery is still at the Ala Moana Center plus two other locations. If you make it there check out their cocopuffs, this is what they are famous for!!

Reply to: Poi Donuts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted